Home Open Account Help 315 users online

Railfan Technology > Another Nikon question

Date: 12/19/17 08:29
Another Nikon question
Author: mully

Been a long time since I have followed all the new models that come out. I have a D700, what are the newer models and does anyone have any experience. Im thinking of upgrading and would rather stay in the semi pro to pro range

Thanks
Gary

Date: 12/19/17 08:58
Re: Another Nikon question
Author: MGRACER

I have the D750.Much better then my D610.I would keep your D700 as a back up.D750s are on sale now.To you and all TO people have a Great Holiday Season.
Steve

Date: 12/19/17 09:50
Author: NormSchultze

Go to www.dpreview.com and search under reviews. The Nikon D750 is a bargain right now. It's a fine image maker, my nikonian friends tell me.

Date: 12/19/17 13:07
Author: lanewsman

I am a lifetime Leica and Nikon user. I'm very familiar with the D700. Mine is now being used by a grandson. The photos it produces are no "better" than the ones my new D850 makes. Newer D models have a noticeably quieter shutter than the D700 and file sizes are significantly larger which can be important for someone who manipulates their images in Lightroom, etc. as well as someone who needs to make mural-sized prints. From what I have seen in ads, the D810 is being offered at very attractive prices to clear shelves for the D850. Personally, I invest my photo money in the best glass I can afford instead of the latest cameras.

Date: 12/19/17 15:00
Author: kgmontreal

I had a Nikon D750 but returned it for a full refund. Other than in low light I wasn't able to get significantly better images from it than I was from my Nikon D7000. The D810 is a very very good camera but it's heavy. The D850 is getting rave reviews and would be ideal if you don't mind the cost and agian the weight of the camera.

KG

Date: 12/20/17 00:34
Author: overniteman

mully Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Been a long time since I have followed all the new
> models that come out. I have a D700, what are the
> newer models and does anyone have any experience.
> Im thinking of upgrading and would rather stay in
> the semi pro to pro range
>
> Thanks
> Gary

I also shoot a D700 (which I love). If you're staying FX, than a D810 is your logical choice, unless you have the money for a D850.
I'm going to a D810 in the spring, unless Nikon has a surprise D750 upgrade up their sleeves.
DX choice would be a D500, which is a real nice camera. Fast AF, fast FPS, great image maker.

Date: 12/28/17 14:54
Author: robj

MGRACER Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have the D750.Much better then my D610.I would
> keep your D700 as a back up.D750s are on sale
> now.To you and all TO people have a Great Holiday
> Season.
> Steve

This what I do. Not sure "how much better" you expect images from a D750 to be.

Low light is the key for me. If I just was shooting daylight, ISO 400 tops, my D90 would be just fine.

Bob

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0457 seconds