Home Open Account Help 369 users online

Railfan Technology > At wits end with Outlook.com

Date: 12/22/17 05:34
At wits end with Outlook.com
Author: lilwes

Several months ago I went to Outlook.com because the Cox.net server just didn't do what I needed it to do. Well Outlook.com promised great things and it did at the start, then someone wanted to improve it. How it won't keep track of some of my Cox.net accounts (3) and I'm not sure I even get all my mail now. What do some of you TO's use as an email server? I try to avoid anything Microsoft anymore. It seems that unless everything is Microsoft they just don't get along.
Thanks for your help in advance,
Wes

Wes Chiles
Topeka, KS

Date: 12/22/17 08:29
Re: At wits end with Outlook.com
Author: TCnR

Something like that happened on the local ISP in Northern California, the improvements spammed the e-mail account into the ground. I moved over to GMail, although they have privacy issues, there is a feature to 'add' other email accounts to the main gmail account and use the gmail spam filters on the errant ISP's e-mail.

Some of my neighbors chose to maintain their own e-mail system, as some well known politicians have done. That's a bit beyond what I wanted to do at the time, maybe next year.

Date: 12/22/17 10:43
Author: Lurch_in_ABQ

Gmail here.

Date: 12/22/17 13:27
Author: SouthWestRailCams

I use my own domain that comes with mail services.  Client email I use is Mozilla Thunderbird 52.5.0 which actually just got updated today to 52.5.2.  As a backup, I use Gmail.

SouthWest RailCams
CA, NM, CO, TX, AZ
https://SouthWestRailCams.com

Date: 12/23/17 08:24
Author: ReadingRR

I've used Gmail for a number of years without any significant issues. I've configured it to get my Cox mail also.
Paul

Date: 12/23/17 08:33
Author: TCnR

Have to agree though that the format for gmail is very crude compared to Outlook and Thunderbird. Not sure what the options at that point are, Yahoo is also pretty crude. Some folks use e-mail like a fancy texting tool, others use it for people data and file subject storage.

Date: 12/23/17 08:48
Author: jst3751

I both host my own email domains and resell/support other's email domains using RackSpace email hosting service. If anyone is interested in more information, please send me a PM.

Date: 12/26/17 17:32
Author: march_hare

Been using EarthLink since back when they were the only option for satellite users out here in the sticks. We finally got cable a couple years ago and kept email with EarthLink. Been doing well with that.

Date: 12/26/17 19:41
Author: jtwlunch

Gmail but, I use MS Office for the rest of my business functions.

Date: 12/27/17 10:29
Author: RickL

Try setting your Cox accounts to automatically forward (re-send or push) each message instead of having outlook use it as a plain connected account. I've had to do that with many AT&T (SBCGlobal) accounts as well as a COX account. Outlook.com (or MS365) is still the best option to have all your email on all your devices.

Here is a guideline.
https://www.msoutlook.info/question/778

RickL

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/27/17 10:31 by RickL.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0549 seconds