Home Open Account Help 374 users online

Railfan Technology > Problem posting photos from phone

Date: 01/03/18 14:58
Problem posting photos from phone
Author: VFPNSFAN

The last few times I have tried to upload photos to TO, it starts to upload, then tells me the image is not the correct format. The window lists the acceptable formats, one of which is a JPEG, which is what the photos are. My wife suggested loading them on to our laptop, then posting on TO. This worked, however, I did not change any formatting in the process(that I am aware of). Any insights on how I can get back to successfully uploading from my phone is very much appreciated. TIA!

Date: 02/12/18 17:04
Re: Problem posting photos from phone
Author: Auburnrail

I felt like I was the only person with an IPhone who had this problem. As explained by the tech guy at TO
the current IOS update by Apple uses a different compression format that is obviously not JPEG
or anything else used to upload to TO.
The only way I could get this to work was to upload to my Windows computer (not an Apple) and post from there.
And yes, I’ve tried the various editing programs such as Snapseed, and changing the photo settings on the phone...no joy there.
Still looking for a simple answer.
George Andrassy

Date: 02/12/18 17:24
Re: Problem posting photos from phone
Author: VFPNSFAN

Yes, exactly, THANK YOU. I tried the same thing. I guess it was after an update because it was working one day and the next day, they start to upload then stop and say the file is not compatible and lists the acceptable formats. Same as you, I upload to my Dell lap top, do nothing to the photo, upload to TO. Maybe the next update will correct the issue.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0305 seconds