Home Open Account Help 314 users online

Railfan Technology > Video Thief At It Again

Date: 02/11/18 09:47
Video Thief At It Again
Author: SouthWestRailCams

Hey TO members,

Be on the watch out for “Rail Videos Mania” on YouTube. He has taken several of my Videos and Others that clearly state “Trainorders” on the bottom right corner. I will start filing copyright issues with YouTube for mine however wanted to give everyone a heads up.

Posted from iPhone

SouthWest RailCams
CA, NM, CO, TX, AZ
https://SouthWestRailCams.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/11/18 16:18 by RailFanAZ.

Date: 02/11/18 10:17
Re: Video Thief At It Again
Author: jbwest

You should feel complimented that somebody liked your stuff enough to steal it. Privacy, private property, and copyright mean little on the internet because rules are so hard to enforce. Best to just enjoy the sharing, and don't post anything you don't want shared.

JBWX

Date: 02/11/18 12:04

jbwest Wrote: >>>>>>> You should feel complimented that somebody liked your stuff enough to steal it. Privacy, private property, and copyright mean little on the internet because rules are so hard to enforce. Best to just enjoy the sharing, and don't post anything you don't want shared. JBWX

John - I do feel complimented on that usage of the videos/photos that I publish.  To me it is mostly the person saying "They asked for Permission" when they did not or they say it is their own and yes it is definitley good/bad feelings about it.  If someone asks, I have no problem with sharing the content.  I am always happy to share the content.

SouthWest RailCams
CA, NM, CO, TX, AZ

Date: 02/11/18 15:29
Author: jst3751

Lets see if my comments left on his videos get any responce?

Date: 02/11/18 16:11
Author: RFandPFan

Thanks for the heads up. I found 8 of my videos so far. One he claims he chased the trains on the video (as in, its his video).

Date: 02/11/18 16:22

Here was the post back in May 2017.  Looks like the same guy.

https://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?9,4306363

SouthWest RailCams
CA, NM, CO, TX, AZ

Date: 02/11/18 21:45
Author: webmaster

We tossed him earlier today from Trainorders after we learned he was back.

Todd Clark
Canyon Country, CA
Trainorders.com

Date: 02/11/18 22:13
Author: RailRat

Thanks for heads up Christina, I found this was happending last year, by accident, simply by googling 3985 I think, or maybe one of my video titles from TO, then saw a lot my stuff on YouTube.
That's why it's smart to add your name or somekind of continuous "water mark" to any of your own photos and videos, even though Trainorders adds thier mark to them.
I have never done it, need to learn how.

Jim Baker
Riverside, CA

Date: 02/11/18 22:20

webmaster Wrote: > We tossed him earlier today from Trainorders after we learned he was back.

Thanks Todd.  Appreciate your efforts and the hard work you put into Trainorders.com.

SouthWest RailCams
CA, NM, CO, TX, AZ

Date: 02/11/18 22:21

You are welcome RFandPFan and RailRat.

SouthWest RailCams
CA, NM, CO, TX, AZ

Date: 02/11/18 23:06
Author: zchcsse

Thanks for the heads up! I've found two of my (Youtube) videos on that channel, passed-off as their own.

-Tom

Date: 02/12/18 13:05
Author: zchcsse

I just checked that channel again today, and most of the posted videos have been removed. Apparently the complaints haven't gone un-heeded.

-Tom

Date: 02/12/18 15:01

Just checked "Rail Videos Mania" today on YouTube, saw nothing but mostly "Florida Railroad" and "Model Railroad" stuff.
Looks like any complaints and possibly Todd's intervention must have worked, just like last time, Thanks!
Looks like it's time for me to start posting my videos to my own YouTube channel that I reserved several years ago, but still blank.

Jim Baker
Riverside, CA

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/18 15:04 by RailRat.

Date: 02/12/18 16:02

I did the same thing, just checked this afternoon and it's gone, just the Florida and Model Railroading left.  Thanks to comments/complaints and Todd's help.  Thanks!

SouthWest RailCams
CA, NM, CO, TX, AZ

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/18 18:26 by RailFanAZ.

Date: 02/13/18 03:17
Author: wko

Possibly the "download this video" button should be removed from all video posts? I think that would help reduce this problem in the future if this person tries again.
~wko

Date: 02/13/18 09:13
Author: anthracite

The web browser that I am limited to using on this computer (due to various operating-system issues) works extremely poorly with Trainorders' peculiar in-browser media player. In order to enjoy correct audio as well as video playback, I *always* have to download the video to my PC's hard drive and watch it with one of several media-playback programs.

If TO were to remove the download link, I would have to consider cancelling my account. Without any ability to watch video content, this place is honestly just a single step above any other text-based discussion forum and those are hardly in short supply. YMMV.

Date: 02/13/18 12:53
Author: RFandPFan

wko Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Possibly the "download this video" button should
> be removed from all video posts? I think that
> would help reduce this problem in the future if
> this person tries again.
> ~wko

I don't think we need to do this because of an isolated incident. This moron copied videos before. Chris notified me he was kicked off TO again. YouTube notified me they removed the videos I filed a complaint on.

Date: 02/13/18 19:22

Late thought: Which TO member's videos were on that site?, (or was it generally just several), and were any of mine on there again?

Jim Baker
Riverside, CA

Date: 02/13/18 20:51
Author: cchan006

RFandPFan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> wko Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Possibly the "download this video" button
> should
> > be removed from all video posts? I think that
> > would help reduce this problem in the future if
> > this person tries again.
> > ~wko
>
>
> I don't think we need to do this because of an
> isolated incident. This moron copied videos
> before. Chris notified me he was kicked off TO
> again. YouTube notified me they removed the
> videos I filed a complaint on.

I thought what transpired (offending member getting "disciplined") is satisfactory. No need to punish everybody for a misbehaving few... but then again, if more and more people are stealing other people's work and "taking credit" for things they never did, we deserve to live in an oppressed society.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0819 seconds