Home Open Account Help 171 users online

Railfan Technology > Problems posting photos

Date: 05/17/18 11:45
Problems posting photos
Author: LocoPilot750

I've been on TO's since right after start up, and recently have been having so much posting photos, I just almost quit trying. Why does it insist on rotating my photos a quarter turn left or right. Even when I go back to the computer and rotate them, when I try to post here, they are rotated again. Same or worse when posting from my Android phone.

Date: 05/17/18 23:10
Re: Problems posting photos
Author: trainjunkie

Haven't posted a photo in awhile but here is one I took a few days ago as an experiment. Seems to be working fine for me.

Date: 05/20/18 13:24
Author: SP4360

I posted a perfectly fine video of semaphores on my layout and it came out sideways. Other pictures and videos posted fine so I can only guess it's an encoding issue on the TO end.

Date: 05/20/18 14:02
Author: RailRat

I had same issue one time, but only when I set my android camera to take 2976 x 2976 pixel, (1:1 ratio) pics.
Basically a square photo.

I re-set camera to take (4:3) or (16:9) ratio pics and had no rotation problems on T.O.

Funny thing is I had it set to take (1:1) pics, because they look better at that setting, when selling something on ebay, because thier product description photo page has square spaces for photos.

Jim Baker
Riverside, CA

Date: 06/04/18 16:48
Author: Railpax71

JPG store the rotation information rather than shifting pixels. Not all software supports this. The solution is to duplicate the image and save it before uploading so the pixels are actually shifted.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0247 seconds