Home Open Account Help 332 users online

Railfan Technology > anybody used the canon hf g40?

Date: 05/26/18 13:49
anybody used the canon hf g40?
Author: goneon66

has anybody used the canon hf g40 video camera for their train videos? if so, what did you think of the camera and related videos?

thanks for any info......

Date: 05/26/18 16:24
Re: anybody used the canon hf g40?
Author: exhaustED

I've just bought one, not had chance to use it yet though. I've had a bit of a play with it indoors and it seems like a very nice bit of kit. It's quite a bit bigger than the 10 year old camcorder I had before it, but it's still pretty light and fits the hand very well. Touch screen is good, sound and image quality seem very good on the indoor test videos I've done but i need to get outdoors with it... the zoom rocker feels good, an improvement on my older Canon.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/27/18 00:43 by exhaustED.

Date: 05/27/18 07:11
Author: goneon66

keep me posted exhausted. from the reviews i have watched, this seems like a great video cam.

i like the choice you have between using the lcd screen and viewfinder. that viewfinder will be nice to use instead of the lcd screen when shooting in the bright sun.......

Date: 05/27/18 09:48
Author: exhaustED

Yep, good point about the viewfinder - it is a pretty high spec'd camcorder, 20x zoom, dual card slots and a larger sensor than the earlier generation such as the HG10/100.

I'll see if I can get something recorded soon and maybe post it on here...

Date: 05/28/18 18:11
Author: jkurt

I have the hf g20 and love it. I know it's not the hf g40 but it's probably similar. It takes very good shots at night. The software is probably similar too. I use pixel video browser with it.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0326 seconds