Home Open Account Help 246 users online

Railfan Technology > Is Video Rails Still in Business?

Date: 03/11/19 19:43
Is Video Rails Still in Business?
Author: SD80MACfan

I was wondering if the railroad video company Video Rails was still in business. I recently received my grandfather's collection of train videos and have found several of their titles. Included are two BETA tapes, "Take A Ride With Video Rails: Norfolk & Western Class J #611" and "Streamliners of Yesteryear". I want to contact them to find out if there is any way I can get digital copies of these titles or give them these titles for reproduction if not. If anyone can provide me with information it would be greatly appreciated.

Date: 03/11/19 19:52
Re: Is Video Rails Still in Business?
Author: sixaxlecentury

Pentrex has most (all?) of Video Rails catalog.  

You can always just get them converted to DVD as well.  Most towns have a guy that does that sort of work.  

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/19 19:53 by sixaxlecentury.

Date: 03/12/19 19:08
Re: Is Video Rails Still in Business?
Author: BNSF6400

sixaxlecentury Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Pentrex has most (all?) of Video Rails
> catalog.

Yes, Pentrex purchased Video Rails, something in the mid-1990's, I think 1993.  Since then, a LOT as changed in the railroad video market.  Highball Productions was purchased by another video producer who first took the Highball name, then purchased Pentrex and took there name.  I don't believe Pentrex produces any new videos, simply selling copies of there large catalog.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0213 seconds