Home Open Account Help 311 users online

Railfan Technology > Pro-135

Date: 05/04/19 12:26
Pro-135
Author: cornerfieldhobby

I have a Radio Shack Pro-135 scanner. My antenna has gone bad. Any websites I can purchase another good new antenna for my scanner? And I'm not looking for the black rubber coated one.

Posted from Android

Date: 05/04/19 14:57
Re: Pro-135
Author: TCnR

Not sure what you're looking for if it's not a rubber coated ' Duck' antenna. Perhaps the 'telescoping antenna' with BNC connector? Just Googled 'telescoping antenna' and found a bunch of retail outlets, including amazon.

Date: 05/04/19 21:28
Author: DMC

Are you sure it is just the antenna and not a broken connection inside the radio?  A bad solder joint is very common in older hand held radios.

Date: 05/05/19 11:44
Author: colehour

DMC Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Are you sure it is just the antenna and not a
> broken connection inside the radio?  A bad solder
> joint is very common in older hand held radios.
>  
I had a handheld scanner in which part of the female BNC connector (the connector on the unit) had gotten loose, and did not make a good connection with the antenna. I bit of careful bending did the trick.

Date: 05/06/19 06:29

Ok, then in question, for a more modern scanner. What would be a very good choice to choose, but it's not expensive and comes with a BNC Telecoping Antenna already?

Date: 05/06/19 09:47
Author: TCnR

Our wide ranging discussions on TO seem to settle on the Uniden Bearcat BC125AT for a general purpose hobby scanner. Not to be confused with more complex hobby radios with more features that cost more money. btw this radio does not de-mod 'Digital' radio, but if you could de-mod your favorite RR last week then this will work next week.

https://udn.factoryoutletstore.com/details/52896/uniden-bc125at.html?category_id=51423&catalogitemid=51340

The telescoping antenna would be an additional purchase. Bearcat has a nominal tri-band antenna 'rubber duck' included.

Don't confuse the model numbers with some of the other radios in the product line, they just don't work the same. I don't have one of these radios but a number of people speak well of them. These are widely available and can be had at a lower price than shown in the link with a little on line shopping.

Date: 05/06/19 13:42
Author: WrongMain

I'm one of those with the Uniden BC125AT and am very happy with it.  And I also use a telescoping antenna, bought from Radio Shack many years ago.  The combination works very well.  It even outperformed a friend's scanner with a "tuned" antenna, picking up transmissions while his radio remained silent.  I just checked and it's still available on Amazon for less than $100.

Date: 05/06/19 17:44

I will be going with the BC125AT scanner. Thanks to all for the recommendation.

Date: 05/13/19 07:19
Author: ns1000

WrongMain Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm one of those with the Uniden BC125AT and am
> very happy with it.  And I also use a telescoping
> antenna, bought from Radio Shack many years ago.
>  The combination works very well.  It even
> outperformed a friend's scanner with a "tuned"
> antenna, picking up transmissions while his radio
> remained silent.  I just checked and it's still
> available on Amazon for less than $100.

That's my combo as well...

When Radio Shack announced closing, I went there and bought extra antennas...:<)

Posted from Android

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0545 seconds