Home Open Account Help 296 users online

Railfan Technology > Programming BC125AT Help Please

Date: 09/11/20 14:33
Programming BC125AT Help Please
Author: WichitaJct

I just bought a BC125AT. I find this owner's manual to be just slightly above totally useless. Anyone have a "Programming Made Simple" guide they would share so I could figure out to program this thing? Thanks.

Date: 09/11/20 15:35
Re: Programming BC125AT Help Please
Author: Arved

There are a few videos on Youtube. This looks simple enough:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Seg_rhILSRs

Arved Grass
Fleming Island, FL

Date: 09/11/20 15:42
Author: TCnR

So what is really programmed into the new radio 'out of the box'. should be able to use 'manua'l and '1' to skip to channel 1 and then press 'manual' to step through the channels. Previous posts say that the radio is pre-programmed and simply needs to be set up for the right bank of channels, or something like that. Maybe somebody can explain it better.

Here's a link from previous posts to the Uniden manual and their Video, there's a link to download the whole manual as a pdf or to simply view it:
http://unidensupport.com/Find-Your-Product/Scanners/BC125AT

Date: 09/12/20 03:35
Author: robj

WichitaJct Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I just bought a BC125AT. I find this owner's
> manual to be just slightly above totally useless.
> Anyone have a "Programming Made Simple" guide they
> would share so I could figure out to program this
> thing? Thanks.

Sorry but I think it is easy enough.  You just need to ignore the clutter of all the options you don't need.
I have an SR-30-C which is a simpler model but it is like 4 buttons to put in channel(used to have BC-125).  I think I had what I need in 15 minutes.
I had the online scanner reference in front of me ,  the manual with only the page to enter channels, went through the list,
then manually went thru the channels to make sure was correct.

But I only put in the channels I need from 1-20.  I don't need 100.  If I am out of town I may use 20-25.

If you want the options, I guess you can add that later.

Bob

Date: 09/12/20 05:00
Author: RayH

WichitaJct Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I just bought a BC125AT. I find this owner's
> manual to be just slightly above totally useless.

That's an understatement! Sorry I can't be any more help becasue I program mine by sight,  trial and error...

Date: 09/12/20 07:09
Author: Rmosele

I just used the software that came with it and typed everything into the spreadsheet and then downloaded to the radio. Was quick and simple.

Date: 02/20/21 17:37
Author: lsc

Using the Uniden or open source software was a breeze.  I used that to populate three banks, one for local ATC, two for rail traffic.

https://www.nick-bailey.co.uk/scan125/

Makes bulk edits a breeze.

/out

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0412 seconds