Home Open Account Help 371 users online

Railfan Technology > A couple more issues with Photoshop 2021

Date: 01/13/21 13:52
A couple more issues with Photoshop 2021
Author: srman

Not trying to beat a dead horse however I have a couple more concerns. In the past with Phtoshop 12 if I had been out shooting trains for a week when I got home and inserted the SD into my computer it
broke down the images by the day that I took them. With Photoshop 2021 I'm seeing images showing up on different days from what I shot them which can get a little confusing. Several images showed that I was in one city or state while actually I was somewhere else. Secondly when loading the images seven icons show up for the same image. It I took forty images in a given day 280 icons will show up. Recently I was gone from home for about a week and shot close to 300 images which of course translated into 2100 icons!  

Date: 01/13/21 16:41
Re: A couple more issues with Photoshop 2021
Author: bob01566

Strange...
Just a thought - do you have the camera setup for auto bracketing or auto HDR, maybe with RAW and jpeg at the same time?
That would give you a large number of individual images plus the combined finished image.

Date: 01/14/21 11:37
Author: BRAtkinson

To follow Bob01566's post, the first step is to determine 'why' so many images.  Bob01566 is probably right.

Step 1 is to manually review the images in the camera.  If there's multiples of each shot, then a camera setting is the cause. 
Step 2 If not, it could be some new feature in PSE 2021 that got enabled to create bracketting shots.  Check those settings.

Date: 01/15/21 04:39
Author: Arved

Shouldn't be an issue, but are the images being imported multiple times? Say, you come back with 20 photos, and you download them to your computer. Now you go out and shoot 30 photos, and you come back to download the photos. Now you have 20 previously imported photos, and 30 new ones on your memory card - 50 total.

Is Photoshop ignoring the previously imported photos? It should, but maybe something like this is going on where imported but not deleted from your memory card images are being re-imported/downloaded.

Arved Grass
Fleming Island, FL

Date: 01/15/21 13:57
Author: srman

If a train is coming my way I may fire off five or six frames. Looking at my camera that is what I have. It's when I load them into my computer is when those 5-6 images turn into 35-42 icons. That's why I think its a Photoshop 2021 issue.  

Date: 01/15/21 14:06
Author: Rathole

I don't know how others do it, but I download directly to the computer.  Then, if I want to tweak a photo I just select it thru Photoshop.  

Date: 01/15/21 15:39
Author: SN711

I use the Nikon software to download my photos from the camera and use the Nikon View to view the photos.  I only use Photoshop (Elements 15) when I want to do some adjustments. Might be simplistic, but i've always liked the Nikon software that went with my D90/D600/D750.

Gary

Date: 01/17/21 03:47
Author: bob01566

After you download the 5-6 images, are the resulting 35-42 images all the same size in MB?
Are they all the same file type, ie: jpeg or RAW?
How many duplicate images are you getting of each image you shot and is that number consistant or does it vary? (You can test for this by shooting a couple of varied subjects around the house...)
You might also try formatting your card or try another card...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/17/21 03:50 by bob01566.

Date: 01/18/21 05:57
Author: robj

I use a simplistic method.  I attach transfer cable to camera.  I use no extra software.  Using file explorer I open the camera card moving to current file folder viewing details so I can see photo dates

I open another file explorer window, create a destination folder.  I then select files to transfer using the standard pointer arrow and shift key.  Then I drag and drop.

Todays software wants to go off and do things it think you want. If you want to know what is happening and maintain contol use the most basic tools.

Viewing files I use PS bridge but if not available the easy way is to open the folder, right click and chose windows view.

Bob

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0445 seconds