Home Open Account Help 374 users online

Railfan Technology > vendors to transfer VHS tapes to digital format - C&O Alleghenies

Date: 02/06/21 10:51
vendors to transfer VHS tapes to digital format - C&O Alleghenies
Author: NKP779

I have a VHS tape that is 20-25 years old and is quite viewable.  It contains railfan movies from a Bluffton, Ohio, man who recorded lots of NKP action through town.  That alone is good stuff.   He has long since gone to the great roundhouse in the sky and I have visited the house with no luck trying to track down the original footage.. 

He has scenes of 3 or 4 brand new C&O 2-6-6-6 locos backing northbound from the Lima Locomotive Works to the customer at Fostoria, Ohio. Because of their length, the Alleghenies had to be constructed in the north bay- and pointed south.  There was no suitable place to turn them in Lima. There are no cabooses, just running light-singly-  in 1942 and/or 1943.  As far as I know, it is irreplaceable footage.

There are all sorts of VHS transfer service vendors but I would like first hand testimonials about their reliability, technical competence, etc.

Need help in Lima-land!

Date: 02/06/21 17:29
Re: vendors to transfer VHS tapes to digital format - C&O Alleghe
Author: BRAtkinson

I just did a quick search on this website for 'VHS' (no quotes) and came up with a TON of responses.

I'll save you the trouble of figuring it out: https://www.trainorders.com/discussion/search.php?0,search=vhs,author=,page=1,match_type=ALL,match_dates=0,match_forum=ALL,match_threads=0

Date: 02/07/21 17:52
Author: NKP715

Don't just transfer to a DVD format - - look for a source
that can take it to a more current format.

Date: 02/08/21 11:25
Author: NKP779

A more current format such as???

Posted from Android

Date: 02/08/21 18:48
Author: walstib

Check out Legacy Box.

I think their site is legacybox.com

They can deliver on DVD, thumb drive, or online download.

I know some folks who have used their service, and were very happy with the results.

Posted from iPhone

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0499 seconds