Home Open Account Help 280 users online

Railfan Technology > Dwayne's Photo

Date: 09/19/21 16:57
Dwayne's Photo
Author: WichitaJct

Is Dwayne's Photo still in business? I was looking to see if they ever rec'd any Fujichrome film, it's been kinda hard to find lately. I found pages of websites that referred to Dwayne's, but could not find Dwayne's official website. Thanks. 

Date: 09/19/21 18:48
Re: Dwayne's Photo
Author: radar

Google is your friend.  It was on the top of the results from entering "Dwayne's Photo."

https://www.dwaynesphoto.com/

Date: 09/21/21 03:05
Author: wpamtk

I just started using Dwayne's to get my slides processed and I'm very happy. My local lab suddenly decided to stop mounting slides, while they had a roll of mine. They sent it back to me with the images in one long strip. I couldn't find anywhere else in the SF Bay Area that would mount them. I emailed Dwayne's and asked if they would do it--they did, and at a very reasonable price. Since then I have sent them two rolls of Fuji Provia and got them back in good shape in about a week. They come back in old fashioned boxes (like the yellow Kodak boxes of yore) and with carboard mounts (which I much prefer to plastic). It was a bit of a leap of faith to entrust my film to the Postal Service, but now I'm getting my slides processed considerably faster and cheaper than I was locally.

Date: 09/26/21 14:18
Author: SlideSellerII

WichitaJct Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Is Dwayne's Photo still in business? I was
> looking to see if they ever rec'd any Fujichrome
> film, it's been kinda hard to find lately. I found
> pages of websites that referred to Dwayne's, but
> could not find Dwayne's official website.
> Thanks. 

No Fujichrome on the Dwayne's website. There was a run on Fujichrome when an announcement concerning the discontinuance of a specific Fuji film type was announced. Somehow it morphed into all Fuji film was going to be discontinued and the vultures grabbed up every roll of Provia (and other film) that was available. A 5 pack I ordered in June is still back ordered at B&H, I don't expect it to be delivered this year.

Date: 09/26/21 16:11
Author: RayH

SlideSellerII Wrote:
> WichitaJct Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Is Dwayne's Photo still in business? I was
> > looking to see if they ever rec'd any
> Fujichrome
> > film, it's been kinda hard to find lately. I
> found
> > pages of websites that referred to Dwayne's,
> but
> > could not find Dwayne's official website.
> > Thanks. 
>
> No Fujichrome on the Dwayne's website. There was a
> run on Fujichrome when an announcement concerning
> the discontinuance of a specific Fuji film type
> was announced. Somehow it morphed into all Fuji
> film was going to be discontinued and the vultures
> grabbed up every roll of Provia (and other film)
> that was available. A 5 pack I ordered in June is
> still back ordered at B&H, I don't expect it to be
> delivered this year.

I never heard about a run on Provia during the summer. I picked up some in June, now down to my last 2 rolls. It's like I'm a teenager again, whether to take a shot or not (back then it was due to the cost). B&H site currently says they expect it in 2-4 weeks. I have 2 more cross country moving trips to make so hope they are restocked before year end.

Date: 10/06/21 08:27
Author: borg

Fuji having trouble getting chemicals to make the film.  Don't look for Fuji Provia until next March.

Date: 10/06/21 08:44
Author: RayH

borg Wrote:
> Fuji having trouble getting chemicals to make the
> film.  Don't look for Fuji Provia until next
> March.

I had heard that same comment about Fuji Provia. Any idea if the same timeline applies to E-100 (the "new Ektachrome)? 

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0717 seconds