Home Open Account Help 197 users online

Railfan Technology > converting pdf to jpg


Date: 11/15/21 22:26
converting pdf to jpg
Author: SGillings

I scanned some documents that came out as pdf.  I looked online about conversion to jpg.  One site mentioned was Zamzar.  Has anyone used that site?  If so, what is your opinion?  If other sites have been used, what are they?  Thanks.

Steve



Date: 11/16/21 08:36
Re: converting pdf to jpg
Author: trainjunkie

Do you have PS Elements? Or some other image editing software? Most can open a PDF as a bitmap then allow you to save it in a different format, including JPEG.



Date: 11/16/21 09:08
Re: converting pdf to jpg
Author: radar

It seems like it would be easiest to rescan with the settings changed.



Date: 11/16/21 10:15
Re: converting pdf to jpg
Author: skyview

Can always use snipping tool if on windows.



Date: 11/16/21 11:49
Re: converting pdf to jpg
Author: Lurch_in_ABQ

Adobe Acrobat does it:
https://www.adobe.com/acrobat.html



Date: 11/16/21 19:12
Re: converting pdf to jpg
Author: BRAtkinson

Lurch_in_ABQ Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Adobe Acrobat does it: https://www.adobe.com/acrobat.html

The problem is that one has to sign up to rent Acrobat for some exhorbitant monthly amount.  But...  You could sign up for their free trial, and then decide to cancel before the 10 days or whatever the time period is before they hit your credit card.

Plan B: Print the PDF (1 page, I assume), then scan it into a JPG.  If you don't have a scanner, certainly someone nearby, or even your employer would have one.



Date: 11/16/21 23:26
Re: converting pdf to jpg
Author: clem

In MacOS Preview, File -> Export and choose JPEG.



Date: 11/18/21 19:52
Re: converting pdf to jpg
Author: robj

radar Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It seems like it would be easiest to rescan with
> the settings changed.

Yea, if you still have the documents, when you scan they just don't come out as PDF, when you save change the format from PDF to jpg.

Bob



Date: 12/02/21 12:23
Re: converting pdf to jpg
Author: Nscaler

BRAtkinson Wrote:

> Plan B: Print the PDF (1 page, I assume), then
> scan it into a JPG.  If you don't have a scanner,
> certainly someone nearby, or even your employer
> would have one.

Or take a photo of the pages and transfer them to your computer as a JPG.



Date: 12/28/21 06:30
Re: converting pdf to jpg
Author: LV95032

Adobe reader is free and you can do a "save as" to jpg. Any number of other programs also open pdf's. This is pretty simple.


BRAtkinson Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Lurch_in_ABQ Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Adobe Acrobat does it:
> https://www.adobe.com/acrobat.html
>
> The problem is that one has to sign up to rent
> Acrobat for some exhorbitant monthly amount. 
> But...  You could sign up for their free trial,
> and then decide to cancel before the 10 days or
> whatever the time period is before they hit your
> credit card.
>
> Plan B: Print the PDF (1 page, I assume), then
> scan it into a JPG.  If you don't have a scanner,
> certainly someone nearby, or even your employer
> would have one.



Date: 07/17/22 08:09
Re: converting pdf to jpg
Author: dirkb

clem Wrote:

> In MacOS Preview, File -> Export and choose JPEG.

My thoughts exactly. works well.



[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0471 seconds