Home Open Account Help 412 users online

Railfan Technology > Kodak Carousel projector service?

Date: 11/28/21 10:34
Kodak Carousel projector service?
Author: dmaffei

Anyone know of a good place to service and repair these old dinosaurs? Call me old school, but yes I still enjoy an old fashioned slide show? SF Bay Area preferably, Thanks 
Dave

Date: 11/29/21 12:56
Re: Kodak Carousel projector service?
Author: Rathole

It might be easier to buy on one Ebay to replace it.  I bought three Kodak Ektagraphic IIIA projectors on Ebay a couple of years ago to keep as spares.  All three were in near mint condition and in the $75-100 range each before shipping.  I just checked and there are a number of them listed there now.       

Date: 11/29/21 16:22
Author: sf1010

You also might want to lay in a supply of bulbs.  I don't see anybody bothering to do the development of a LED replacement with anywhere near the same color fidelity.

Date: 11/30/21 15:58
Author: chakk

Google shows at least 30 repair shops in the SF Bay Area.  And Yelp has consumer comments on many of them.

Date: 12/02/21 12:28
Author: Alco251

Date: 12/02/21 16:39
Author: dmaffei

Thanks for your replies. I ended up taking it to a local shop that has a tech on staff. See what he says. If he can service and replace the advance part that breaks on all these, I may do it. If you YouTube carousel repair, you'll see the common slide advance failure on these.  
Dave

Date: 12/03/21 00:08
Author: sf1010

Last time I had one of those apart, long time ago, I recall much of the mechanism was plastic.  If the same part, or small number of parts, commonly break(s) somebody has likely created a file for a 3D printer to make the needed part(s).

Date: 12/11/21 09:34
Author: dan

just get a used one they often sell for 10$ or even free sometimes

Date: 12/15/21 21:57
Author: wabash2800

There is a replacement part for the tray advancer, (on eBay) but it is a PIA to replace. I think there is a guy on Youube that shows you how to fix it. I bought the part but have yet to work on it.

Victor

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/28/21 14:32 by wabash2800.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.1632 seconds