Home Open Account Help 228 users online

Railfan Technology > How to find train symbols

Date: 06/26/22 04:20
How to find train symbols
Author: jcreed111

Greetings!  On TrainOrders I have seen many folks refer to particular train symbols.  I am wondering how they find this information.  I watch CSX trains at the west end of Wilsmere Yard in Wilmington, Delaware 2-3 times a month, and it would be really great to know what train symbols to expect during the days that I am there.  If I knew in advance what was scheduled, it would also assist me in selecting the days I would go.  Any suggestions readers would care to make would be gratefully received.

Date: 06/26/22 10:06
Re: How to find train symbols
Author: JayK

Do a seach for CSX train symbols using your favorite search engine. You will find a list of all current CSX train symbols with origin and destination. You should be able to figure out which will pass through your viewing area.

Join the CSX Philly Sub Railfans group on Facebook. Members regularly post real time train sightings with locomotive numbers and symbols. That will let you know whats headed your way when your out train watching.

Having a CSX timetable will be helpful. Google is your friend.

Jim Kleeman

Date: 06/27/22 18:54
Author: chessie7602

I always go to
http://railroadfan.com/wiki/index.php/CSX_Train_Symbols
to look up CSX Train Symbols.

-Ken

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/27/22 18:54 by chessie7602.

Date: 07/05/22 07:55
Author: twropr

Railroad Radio http://railroadradio.com/
under the eastern streams has an excellent Wilmington-based stream.  You can hear East Side Yd in Phila. talking to the southbounds and the BE train dispatcher talking to trains as far south as Aberdeen.
Andy

Date: 07/05/22 11:56
Author: jcreed111

Thanks, Andy!  I will check it out!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0287 seconds