Home Open Account Help 375 users online

Railfan Technology > Programming a Uniden SDS200 Scanner without using USB cable

Date: 09/21/22 14:32
Programming a Uniden SDS200 Scanner without using USB cable
Author: TopCat

Hello,

I tried asking this question on a Facebook group (Uniden Scanners) and got no luck, so I'll try here.  I have a Uniden SDS200 scanner and unfortunately the Mini USB cable outlet is slightly damaged.  The mini cable won't plug into the the socket.  Without having to possibly ship the scanner to Uniden to repair it, is there any other way to program the scanner via blue tooth or WI-FI?  Some people have mentioned some other methods, I'm curious if anyone here has had any luck.  I can't add groups to the scanner or update the Data Base from Radio Reference.com.

Thanks for any information.

Top Cat.

Date: 09/22/22 04:42
Re: Programming a Uniden SDS200 Scanner without using USB cable
Author: robj

Not answering your question but scanners I have/had, I go out for the day and manually throw in a few frequencies that I need.   Never found it that hard or time consuming.

Bob

Date: 09/22/22 09:08
Author: WW

So far as I know, there is no alternative to using the USB cable to program features not programmable from the SDS200 keyboard.  As for the subsequent comment about "just throwing some frequencies into the radio" as needed from the radio keypad, with the SDS that can be done,  but it is neither simple nor quick.  One of the best features of many current generation scanners (and amateur and commercial radios) is that they have enough channel capacity to pre-program ALL of the AAR railroad channels into the radio with a PC, then simply choose what channel(s) to monitor and/or scan from the radio keypad.  Using this method, I often don't even have to connect my radio to a PC for up to years to modify channel entries or programming.

Date: 11/10/22 07:08
Author: Alf3985

I had an IPad with the same problem. Took it to Batteries+ and they fixed the problem for $10.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0675 seconds