Home Open Account Help 247 users online

Railfan Technology > RR Web Cam - most traffic

Date: 01/14/23 12:12
RR Web Cam - most traffic
Author: Trainatic

I find myself watching more RR web cams instead of going out watching trains like I used to. I was wondering what other folks thought was some of the busiest RR cams. I think the Ft Madison one is where I catch the most trains. Maybe Elkhart being second.
Joe

Date: 01/14/23 20:10
Re: RR Web Cam - most traffic
Author: Trainwreck

I find myself checking those ones too but Flagstaff has a great view and a lot of trains.

Bob Payne
Glendora CA

Date: 01/15/23 02:20
Author: exhaustED

Mojave is very interesting.

Date: 01/15/23 03:35
Author: dan

i check cams and sit on my ass too, the most traffic--Zurich i have seen so far

Date: 01/15/23 12:58
Author: ironmtn

dan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> i check cams and sit on my ass too, the most
> traffic--Zurich i have seen so far

Agree that Zurich, Switzerland has the most traffic of all webcams. The volume is almost astonishing. And handled with complete smoothness and precision. The Swiss know how to run a true, precision-scheduled railroad. The PSR-flavor stuff here on the other side of The Pond is Wall Street hype and a poor, faint imitation - at best.

For here in the North America only, I'd say Elkhart, Indiana, both for volume and variety. More variety of traffic, with a lot more manifest traffic, than some of the other high-volume sites such as Hesperia, Flagstaff, La Plata and others where intermodal is so dominant. It's my usual go-to first stop. But as much as I enjoy the webcams, it has not affected my desire to get trackside at all. If anything, it has increased the enjoyment of being trackside, and desire to do it more often. Other factors are the limitation - not the webcams.

MC

Date: 01/15/23 13:02
Author: Jimbo

dan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> i check cams and sit on my ass too, the most
> traffic--Zurich i have seen so far

Ha!  I agree.  And a lot of the trains are bi-level or very long.  The number of passengers going through Zurich has to be amazing, especially for a not really large city.

Jim

Date: 01/15/23 14:32
Author: Jimbo

Here is the Zurich web cam:

https://www.skylinewebcams.com/en/webcam/schweiz/canton-zurigo/zurich/train-station.html

Zurich is six hours ahead of the Eastern time zone, so watching in our mornings will show more trains.

Date: 01/15/23 14:48
Author: jofegan

Kingman AZ for me - Amtrak arrivals of ~1230A and 230A AZ time align with "prime time" viewing down here in Australia, plus lots of BNSF traffic.

-J

Date: 01/16/23 08:00
Author: 55002

Here in the UK, I enjoy Flagstaff, Kingman and Tehachapi. Truckee at the moment for the snow.  chris uk

Date: 01/18/23 18:36
Author: Trainatic

I'm really amazed at how many RR web cams that there are. Not just in the US, but all over the world. I do enjoy Zurich also.
Joe

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0368 seconds