Home Open Account Help 294 users online

Railfan Technology > New Rail-Ham Radio Club!

Date: 08/10/23 13:22
New Rail-Ham Radio Club!
Author: kg6nlw

So after much discussion, hemming, and hawing amongst others, I am proud to announce the Southern Pacific Railroad Amateur Radio Club is official! The club was founded/started by 7 hams who have varying interests in the RR, specifically the pre-DRGW Southern Pacific before speed lettering was a thing. You can catch any of us anywhere between 160m and 70cm, I am working to form a Railroad Net on the N6ICW system in the Sacramento area as part of this club.

We are slowly getting the info and club stuff put together. Currently, we have a basic website, have gone through the FCC licensing for the club call process, and a vanity call was issued Tuesday 8/8/23 as K7SPR (Southern Pacific Rail(road)). Right now the primary focus is SP in the California area, but as interest grows it will expand. The club dues are pretty simple and easy, all are welcome with a small dues to be paid. You can read about that in the Rules/Bylaws PDF on the website.

You can easily find us at the following links, or just look for our club image which is attached...
The official website: Southern Pacific Railroad ARC
The QRZ website: QRZ of K7SPR

Regards,

-Frank C.

Frank Christ
Cloverdale, CA
FranksRails Photography, LLC.

Date: 08/13/23 20:49
Re: New Rail-Ham Radio Club!
Author: mojaveflyer

Excellent! Looking forward to the club's progress....

James Nelson
Thornton, CO
www.flickr.com/mojaveflyer

Date: 08/14/23 09:38
Re: New Rail-Ham Radio Club!
Author: kg6nlw

Thanks, James! I think the net will happen as many people elsewhere on the interwebs are interested! I will make a reply here with the info when I have it!

Regards,

-Frank C.

Frank Christ
Cloverdale, CA
FranksRails Photography, LLC.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0448 seconds