Home Open Account Help 243 users online

Railfan Technology > GoPro Video Cameras

Date: 08/22/23 11:59
GoPro Video Cameras
Author: Blackfoot

Has anybody here has any hands-on experience using a GoPro for rail videos? I mostly concentrate on photography, but I do like to set up a video camera and then just walk away & let it record. Since my Canon died I've been looking for an economical replacement. I know the GoPro has no zoom, short battery life and heating issues, but I can deal with that.

So for a non-serious video person, would a C$480 Hero 11 Black be a good choice, or should I consider other options?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Dwayne / Blackfoot

Posted from Android

Date: 08/23/23 07:25
Re: GoPro Video Cameras
Author: NormSchultze

Go to www.dpreview.com.   Then the video forum. There is a drone forum,too. Ask there,that's where the users of these things hang out.  

Date: 11/26/23 07:52
Author: Ashcat

I recently purchased a GoPro Hero 12 Black. I mount it on top of a DJI Avata drone. It does a great job. I recommend acquiring the book on the GoPro 12 ( "How to Use the GoPro Hero 12 Black" by Jordan Hetrick) that shows you how to fine-tune the myriad of settings that the camera has.

Date: 11/29/23 12:33
Author: Blackfoot

Ashcat Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I recently purchased a GoPro Hero 12 Black. I
> mount it on top of a DJI Avata drone. It does a
> great job. I recommend acquiring the book on the
> GoPro 12 ( "How to Use the GoPro Hero 12 Black" by
> Jordan Hetrick) that shows you how to fine-tune
> the myriad of settings that the camera has.

I went ahead and bought the GoPro Hero11 Black and it's worked quite fine for what I want.  I just posted a video on the Canadian board that I took last night of the CPKC Holiday Train in Toronto - not bad for a $500 pocked sized video camera.

Dwayne / Blackfoot

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0444 seconds