Home Open Account Help 234 users online

Railfan Technology > Morning Sun Books

Date: 10/25/23 14:12
Morning Sun Books
Author: RayH

Attached is a notice that was forwarded to me by an author, currently working on a book...
:
To all Authors Working on MSB Projects, I have some bad news: Morning Sun Books is closing its print business down. Digital titles may exist in the future, but there will be no more hardcovers published after 2024. For some of you, this means that books you have submitted will not be published by us, for which I am immensely regretful. Everything that is in MSB's possession will be shipped back to you. I wish you the best of luck in finding other avenues for publication, if that is your desire. To everyone, we are immensely grateful for all the wonderful books we got to publish over the years - it has been an incredible run. Right now, there isn't much more to say, but I wanted to put the information out there. More details will come soon. Any questions or comments, please call (908.451.4475) or email me anytime. Best, Steve --Steve Yanosey 

Date: 10/26/23 06:02
Re: Morning Sun Books
Author: chessie7602

That's a shame.  There's nothing like pulling a book off the shelf and enjoying it.  

The costs to produce books have gone up so much, but I still purchase the paper copies.  One good thing about the digital copies is that someone who can't afford them can purchase the lesser priced digital copies.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/26/23 09:30 by chessie7602.

Date: 10/27/23 10:29
Author: SandPatch1

What happens to all the slides Bob acquired??????

Date: 10/27/23 19:00
Author: gandydancer4

I can understand them going to an ebook or other type of electronic download. The only thing I'm afraid of is a computer crash (who HASN'T had that happen) and then I lose my " book" I have downloaded. When a  paper book "crashes", I just pick it up and put it back on the shelf. 

Date: 10/27/23 21:29
Author: BrynMawr

OTOH, ebooks canbe magnified on a large monitor for better understanding of maps, picture details.  As to "crash" losses, there are methods for backup. 

Date: 10/27/23 21:41
Author: jofegan

I've moved around too much where hauling around print books becomes too cumbersome - being able to do E-books is helpful for me (and I like to zoom in on some of the maps as noted in previous reply).

I wasn't aware Morning Sun did e-books, looks like I'll have to loosen up the bank account.  I wish some of Signor's books were in e-book format for the reasons stated above.

--j

Date: 10/30/23 06:49
Author: skyview

Thats a shame.  Website is already down.  Wonder what happened, they had a large selection of titles, and definately was a publisher whose books Ive purchased.

Date: 11/01/23 04:55
Author: WM_1109

skyview Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thats a shame.  Website is already down.  Wonder
> what happened, they had a large selection of
> titles, and definately was a publisher whose books
> Ive purchased.

In fact, their website is operating normally. They still have a large selection of titles, so feel free to order away.
/Ted

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0924 seconds