Home Open Account Help 313 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Corp tunnel motor at Black Butte

Pages:  [ 1 ][ 2 ] [ Next ]
Current Page:1 of 2

Date: 11/04/05 16:32
Corp tunnel motor at Black Butte
Author: photobob

I stopped by Black Butte this afternoon and caught the Corp waiting for the UP to show up with their interchange cars. I took these at 2:30 this afternoon.

Date: 11/04/05 16:32
Re: Corp tunnel motor at Black Butte

The Corp and the UP talk over the switching moves needed.

Date: 11/04/05 16:36

Heres the UP power picking up their cars. I didnt hang around as the wind was coming up and the clouds were rolling in plus I was freezing my A** off.

Date: 11/04/05 16:49
Author: ShastaLake

Photo Bob, great pictures as always....But just one question, which telephoto lends did you use? Or where you trespassing?

Seems that Alex Ramos was chastised and put to the cross for just what you did....

And so it goes....

Mike Rogers

Date: 11/04/05 17:06

I was up at the road crossing that goes over to the water tank shooting with a long lens. What was the original SP number for the Corps #4074?

Date: 11/04/05 17:25
Author: gobbl3gook

Do they run that tunnel motor through the Siskyous?

Maybe PhotoBob would have gotten busted if he'd been in Oakland at 1AM... (and not at a grade crossing...). Or about 70 years younger.

Nice pics--thanks for sharing.

Ted in Davis

Date: 11/04/05 17:42
Author: ShastaLake

gobbl3gook Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Maybe PhotoBob would have gotten busted if he'd
> been in Oakland at 1AM... (and not at a grade
> crossing...).

Yep sure could have....this is not a public crossing....it's a crossing with in a yard, just like any other yard on the up system...Just trying to point out who can tresspass and who can not....

Mike in Redding
O

Date: 11/04/05 17:46
Author: tracktime

ShastaLake Wrote:

>
> Yep sure could have....this is not a public
> crossing....it's a crossing with in a yard, just
> like any other yard on the up system...Just trying
> to point out who can tresspass and who can
> not....
>
> Mike in Redding
> O

Those who are allowed to trespass are not trespassing (employees, and other folks doing business with the property owner (UP), right? Surely those CORP locomotives and employees are not trespassing..

Date: 11/04/05 18:04

Holy crap. I stop by Black Butte while waiting for my wife to get off work and we are starting a whole pile of crap about me tresspassing on a road crossing. You know Im really begining to wonder why I waste my time bothering with this board. Hell as long as I was tresspassing I should have just climbed up on that boxcar for a little higher angle . Heck I was already breaking the law I might as well have gone for the gusto. You know it really is all crap now.

Date: 11/04/05 18:07
Author: NSDash9

CORP SD40T-2 4074 is former SP 8370.

Chris Toth

Date: 11/04/05 18:16
Author: tburzio

Hi!

I like your photos. Thanks!

TB

Date: 11/04/05 18:16
Author: TonyJ

NSDash9 Wrote:
> CORP SD40T-2 4074 is former SP 8370.
>
>
> Chris Toth

Correction! CORP4074 is ex SP8232; CORP4075 is ex-SP8370. - Tony J.

Date: 11/04/05 18:17
Author: TonyJ

photobob Wrote:
> Holy crap. I stop by Black Butte while waiting for
> my wife to get off work and we are starting a
> whole pile of crap about me tresspassing on a road
> crossing. You know Im really begining to wonder
> why I waste my time bothering with this board.
> Hell as long as I was tresspassing I should have
> just climbed up on that boxcar for a little higher
> angle . Heck I was already breaking the law I
> might as well have gone for the gusto. You know it
> really is all crap now.

Don't take no crap, Bob! You and I are too damn old to let this bother us. - Tony J.

Date: 11/04/05 18:18
Author: P

Nothing wrong with a little trespassing in order to get the photo, right? ;)

I'm not chastising you. I fail to understand why some people get so uptight about supposed 'trespassing'. If you got busted, then you simply weren't being smart about your actions.

BTW, while looking at that second photo I was thinking that it should be illegal to be able to work on a railroad in such magnificant scenery AND get paid for it!

I love the shot. The human element really makes it. Nice work.

This proves that it is not ALL crap right now.

Date: 11/04/05 18:32
Author: SantaFeCF7

ShastaLake Wrote:
> Photo Bob, great pictures as always....But just
> one question, which telephoto lends did you use?
> Or where you trespassing?
>
> Seems that Alex Ramos was chastised and put to the
> cross for just what you did....
>
> And so it goes....
>
> Mike Rogers
>
Mike, I know ya already work for UP, but maybe you should become a 'special agent', PhotoBob has been taking RR pictures longer than some of us have even been around. I'm sure by now he knows about where it is safe to stand and take photos, you already brought up trespassing earlier in the thread, so are you just pouring kerosene on the fire and/or trying to make PhotoBob quit posting??

Date: 11/04/05 18:45
Author: samreeves

What's this, Mr. Rogers neighborhood is private property now? Will I be acosted if I pee on a tree?

Sam Reeves
—
http://www.samreevesphoto.com

Date: 11/04/05 18:53
8232 before it became Corp 4074

Heres SP8232 leading an eastbound at Cougar on a lousy weather "Its all not Crap" day. I hope I took this shot far enough back from the track as not to ruffle any feathers. I did cross under the tracks on a public road then probably trespassed up a dirt road on the east side of the RR property fence however I didnt see any no-trespassing signs. At that point I got out of my vehicle and did crawl under the barbed wire cattle fence and procceded across a patch of RR property to this location. Looking back over all my old photos I realize I have probably broken the law more times then Al Capone. Anyway heres the tunnel motor long before it joined up with the Corp.

Date: 11/04/05 19:16
Re: 8232 before it became Corp 4074
Author: tracktime

Bob,

do as you always have! We love your photos.. don't pay any heed to those that try to rain on your magnificent Espee Parade!

Cheers,
Harry

Date: 11/04/05 19:38
Re: 8232 before it became Corp 4074
Author: nycman

Photobob knows the area around Dunsmuir better than anyone, he is an established GREAT railroad photographer, probably knows more about safety and trespassing than any of you naysayers, and you trash him here? Keep on keepin on, Bob. I love your photography. Some people don't realize that these pictures take a lot of effort to produce. They don't just happen.

Date: 11/04/05 19:50
Author: Gordo

Back to the subject of the tunnel motor. Do any of you guys know if they turn the power around at Hornbrook on the CORP Medford to BB run??I live in Ashland and seem to see the same power set going in the evening and returning in the morning. I suspect only the crews switch with the Black Butte guys going back home and the Medford guys heading back up the mountain. Anyone confirm this?

Pages:  [ 1 ][ 2 ] [ Next ]
Current Page:1 of 2

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0809 seconds