Home Open Account Help 173 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Saluting Vets

Date: 11/11/05 04:40
Saluting Vets
Author: cozephyr

Thanks to all the Vets sacrifices. UP hires many veterans from all services. Vietnam vets are plentiful among their crafts. All the best to those who have served. UP 5872 West at Tolland, CO, November 9, 2005.

Date: 11/11/05 06:22
Re: Saluting Vets
Author: alco636

Thanks vets!

(from a civy)

Date: 11/11/05 06:30
Author: csx5000

Same here thenks for keepin this country safe and lettin me enjoy what i do.
railfan1 out

Date: 11/11/05 07:06
Author: galenadiv

I served in Vietnam as a Marine in the mid-1960s. Later I worked for C&NW and now I'm in the railroad supply industry. I'm very proud of both my military service and my career in the railroad industry

Off topic, today I plan to attend the dedication of the new Chicago Vietnam Veterans Memorial, located on the south bank of the Chicago River between Michigan Avenue and Wabash. It was 20 years after I came home that Chicago staged a welcome home parade for Vietnam Vets and now it's almost 40 years before they put up a respectable memorial (the old one occupied a corner of a traffic island), but it's still nice to receive a morsel of recognition after all that time.

Date: 11/11/05 07:19
Author: nischik

Today is Veteran's Day. There is no higher human virtue than to sacrifice one's life on the basis of principle, or to even demonstrate the willingness to do so. This site is all about tributes to those who have made the ultimate sacrifice. This is a good day to pick randomly some of these tributes and view them. You will be blessed.

God Bless our Troops and keep then safe

http://www.legacy.com/Soldiers.asp?Page=FSMovingTributes

Date: 11/11/05 07:56
Author: railscenes

Thank you for the Thanks!
The one thing that I really missed besides being around American women while I served in the US Army during my all expense paid tour of duty in Vietnam was the chance to railfan and photograph an era of major change in the rail industry, especially to our rail passenger network in the late 1960 era. Of course PEACE & quiet comes to mind as well, I cherish that to this day. I wonder if George W would have a different perspective if he had been on those daily convoy runs we made into the boonies loaded with amo?
When ever the chance came up while serving I still had the camera and found the local railscene even in Vietnam. The 7 day R&R was spent in Japan, with a fellow railfan and US Army vet, Jay Lenzner(sp?). Any one know him? He worked on the Milwaukee Road at that time. I've lost touch with him. It was a great week in Japan, only because he had done his homework before the trip and knew where to go. I just tagged along and learned a lot about Japan's railscene. So a big thank you to Jay as well, you helped that year go by a lot better.
Inspector Gadget

Date: 11/11/05 09:32
Author: samreeves

I'll echo the comments. Thanks to every Veteran in America, you have made us safe and proud! Here's a pic of our own Santa Cruz Vietnam Vets who graciously sponsored Armed Forces Day last year. They look like crusty bikers but these are some of the most bright guys I've met in Santa Cruz.

Sam Reeves
—
http://www.samreevesphoto.com

[img::]https://cdn.trainorders.com/attachments/thumbs/69000/afd39.jpg[/img]

Date: 11/11/05 11:12
Author: Michael_SD40-2

God bless our veterans and our current servicemembers. As a veteran myself, I am proud to have served our great nation. There really is no place like the United States of America! Here's a pic of my train's shadow while running across the badlands of this wonderful country. God Bless America!

Date: 11/11/05 14:36
Author: mtnman

Took this pic. last Vets. day at Hill 582. God Bless you all.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0501 seconds