Home Open Account Help 332 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > DTE Rail Services can you tell me about them?

Date: 01/24/02 13:23
DTE Rail Services can you tell me about them?
Author: gp2000

Can you fine people help me out here. I was told about them from some one I get parts from. He used to work for them. I have put in an application there so I would like to know more about them please.

Ed Duke

Date: 01/24/02 15:27
RE: DTE Rail Services can you tell me about them?
Author: toledopatch

The only DTE I know about is the railcar/logistics arm of DTE Energy (formerly Detroit Edison) in Detroit. They own a fleet of coal cars that are used for deliveries both to their own power plants and those of other utility companies under logistics contracts.

Date: 01/24/02 15:40
Author: gp2000

Yeah that is what I know so far from their business card. DTE Energy then below it DTE Rail Services. I was told that they purchased part of an old Army munitions base to do the repairs at on their equipment and others. They had several Grainporter 2000 and Pullman Standard grain cars there along with the large aray of coal cars.

Ed

Date: 01/25/02 04:36
Author: LarryG

The munitions plant you spoke of is likely the Cornhusker plant west of Grand Island, NE. I know DTE bought out the repair facility there from the previous owner, Cornhusker Railcar Services, Inc. I believe they do repairs on more than just their own cars. This shop is located on a track that is accessed by both UP from the south and BNSF from the north. Facility used to make 500 pounders.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0404 seconds