Home Open Account Help 366 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Tehachapi Snow

Date: 01/29/02 11:57
Tehachapi Snow
Author: EMDSD9

I don't know if this meets the new criteria, but I thought I'd share a couple of photos taken this morning from right above the West switch of Marcel. If your eyes were real good, you could see the railcam in this first photo.

Les Combs

Date: 01/29/02 12:00
RE: Tehachapi Snow

Heres a shot looking Eastward along Marcel siding

Date: 01/29/02 12:08
Author: mikeyjoe

Hello Les,
Looks good down there. What kind of camera are you using?

Date: 01/29/02 12:14

Mikey: Olympus C3030Z Digital, worth every cent I paid for it. BTW snow plow has come down from Tehachapi within the last couple of hours, but I haven't seen it come back yet.

Date: 01/29/02 12:29
RE:What a place for a house...
Author: GeneL

Near the upper left corner of SD9's second photo, (the view looking east from Marcel), looks like a house in a location only a railfan could love. Unless its been put in there by some video-altering software. But still, it would be a railfan's location wouldn't it? Assuming you didn't want to sleep at night.

Date: 01/29/02 12:40
RE:What a place for a house...
Author: mikeyjoe

I was going to ask Les to zoom in on that house.
That house can be seen from Hwy 58.
Yes those folks are RailFansÂ…Big Time!

Date: 01/29/02 13:13
Author: F40PHR231

EMDSD9 wrote:
>
> Mikey: Olympus C3030Z Digital, worth every cent I paid for it.

Did you have to resize the photo before posting? What kind of resolution does it give?

Thanks.
~Chris

Date: 01/29/02 14:04
Author: Ray_Murphy

Just thought you'd like to know - you've probably got more snow there right now than we have here in Montreal (in Winter Carnival season, no less)!

Ray

Date: 01/29/02 18:40

F40PHR231 wrote:

>
> Did you have to resize the photo before posting? What kind of
> resolution does it give?
>
> Thanks.
> ~Chris

Chris: Actally I just needed to reduce the file size to fit the Trainorders format of 100K max. With a 3.2 megapixel processor the resolution is absolutely unbelieveable. I haven't touched my film camera in months.

Date: 01/29/02 22:59
Author: TMBATTS

Thats about how it looked on Cajon today at about 2:00--little more than a dusting with about 2" accumulations. it started just before noon today in the pass. The msot interesting thing was how fast the conditions changed from before noon (party cloudy/sunny) to completely foggy and snowing by noon. Couldn't beleive how quick it accumlated. Only happens a few times a year. Snow in the pass accumulated as low as Blue Cut with the snow still falling at Devore. Don't know how that changed by this evening or will by tomorrow, but it should be interesting. I got in and out before the shut the pass down.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0448 seconds