Home Open Account Help 331 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Those Eastern Railfans Invade the Pacific Northwest

Date: 09/03/06 06:16
Those Eastern Railfans Invade the Pacific Northwest
Author: GPutz

A s/b Amtrak Cascade Talgo enters the station at Vancouver, WA, on 8/22/06. My wife has been working in Seattle, WA, so Dan and I tagged along for a week+. There's more, both trains and some scenery, at:

http://members.trainorders.com/gputz

Gerry

Date: 09/03/06 06:40
Re: Those Eastern Railfans Invade the Pacific Northwest
Author: benthere

You took some very nice photos. I especially enjoyed the BNSF Office Car Special.

Thanks for sharing.

Date: 09/03/06 06:42
Author: bn2189

Gerry,

You were looking at the mainline re-location near Safeco Field in Seattle down in your page. It will place the coach yard on the same side of the BNSF mains as King Street station to prevent the rash of switching moves that currently occur across the main.

TAW provided a nice schematic of the new layout at http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?4,1199451,1199451#msg-1199451

Maltby Turn out.

Date: 09/03/06 07:29
Author: robertwscott

Gerry -

Great set of shots - especially not getting greyed out at the Hoh River. Just a couple of notes for your photos.

1. The UP stack train coming off of the branch at Centralia is the U-PSGL (Loaded Garbage train from the PSAP to Gilliam, OR). Its a twice weekly run from outside Bremerton, WA to the regional landfill thats in the mid-Columbia River Gorge.

2. The BNSF job out of Centralia with the stack cars takes them to Railcar of Washington for repairs and rebuild in the Chehalis Industrial Park.

3. The BNSF switcher in Centralia is an oddity, as for the 20 plus years that Ive been here, the arrival of that unit a few weeks ago was a first. The yard has always been a stomping ground for GP9's, and second generation geeps.

Great shots -

Hope you can make it out again,

Robert W. Scott
FoamersNW.Org
Rochester, WA

Date: 09/03/06 08:55
Author: spider1319

Will the current BNSF main next to the stadium be removed or will it be retained? The portion currently in use south of King St. and west of the coach yard.

Date: 09/03/06 10:04
Author: markgillings

Per the BNSF track plans, the current mains will stay there and be hooked up on both ends. Once the new alignment is cut over on the south end, there will be room to build a new ladder to access them.

Date: 09/03/06 18:34
Author: GPutz

Thanks for the compliments and the information. We had a great time and I may get back there again. I am amazed at the number of GP30s, GP38s and GP39s, including various rebuilds thereof, in yards, on locals and on, even leading, mainline trains. Gerry

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0362 seconds