Home Open Account Help 225 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Cant ask for more...

Date: 09/17/06 12:16
Cant ask for more...
Author: skyview

With clear and smoke free skies, crisp fall air, abundant, and interesting trains, one can hardly ask for more. Of the 4 southbounds and 2 northbounds seen in a couple of hours, 2 stood out. The first, a BNSF southbound seen 1st at Tomah, CO on the joint line and then Greenland, had BNSF 4753 leading NS 7589 and Ex CR NS 8411.

Date: 09/17/06 12:20
Re: Cant ask for more...

Of even more interest, BNSF 9330 and BNSF 9331 lead a southbound coal load on the joint line. 1st image at Castle Rock, CO, with the 2nd and 3rd images at Larkspur. In addition to the head end power being so clean and new you could smell the paint, the hoppers themselves were virtually new, with many cars having consecutive numbers!

Date: 09/17/06 12:33
Author: Conrail7659

When did BNSF convert to the nose headlight? Also is that two fuel inlets on the fuel tank?....I do not believe I have seen that before. Great photos....looks like it should be on a calendar.

Date: 09/17/06 12:42

According to a good friend who is knowlegable about these things, this latest order has the headlights lower.... as I was told, only 5 on the property as of today. Looks great with the lower headlight!

Date: 09/17/06 12:44
Author: frnocom

I like the look of that headlight. I think most of our dash 9's have two fuel caps on each side.

Date: 09/17/06 12:53
Author: eatontm

Love the shot at Larkspur with the new 70's. I think the nose headlight gives them a much more balanced look. If you were a BNSF employee you'd make the calendar for sure with that!

TME

Date: 09/17/06 13:48
Author: blueflag

It is pretty rare to find a set of new power and new cars together with nothing old mixed in. And blue skys to boot! Great find!

PS. Do you remember the reporting marks on the coal hoppers? Thanks.

Date: 09/17/06 14:10

CITX on the hoppers.

Date: 09/17/06 15:07
Author: Qlives

Love those quasi-ALCO "notches" on the short hood.
GREAT SHOTS

Date: 09/17/06 15:08
Author: Indecline

Super! Is it just me or does the orange on the Ace's seem to be a little deeper than the orange on the GE's?

Date: 09/17/06 17:34
Author: rosevillebill

Hello

Nice photos Skyview!, all of them.

Interesting Note: BNSF 9330 has Black number boards with White numbers.

I have photographed 9375,9380,9382,9389 and 9391 all at Crawford Ne.
All of these locomotives sport White number boards with Black numbers.

I think I like your photo of 9330 better, as I like the Black number boards with White numbers better.
To me the Black number boards just look better!
I,m hoping the rest of BNSF's 70ACe fleet will look like that!

Nice Catch and thanks for sharing!

RosevilleBill

Date: 09/17/06 20:20
Author: acelaexpress2000

skyview Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Of even more interest, BNSF 9330 and BNSF 9331
> lead a southbound coal load on the joint line.
> 1st image at Castle Rock, CO, with the 2nd and 3rd
> images at Larkspur. In addition to the head end
> power being so clean and new you could smell the
> paint, the hoppers themselves were virtually new,
> with many cars having consecutive numbers!

So I guess you told Nathan who told me, and I raced to the tracks!! They were cool!!!

Date: 09/17/06 21:20
Author: SD45X

I was looking at the nose of 9330 when I took night shots and it looked like they rolled the paint on, or with a brush. Didn't have that flat surface look. Amtrak pulled up and I couldn't check.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0582 seconds