Author: CimaScrambler

Yellow over Yellow . . . .

- Kit

Date: 10/17/06 22:03
High Green at King City

High Green . . . . Highball King City!

- Kit

(hopefully this isn't too wierd for general consumption.)

Date: 10/17/06 22:11
Re: Slow Speed at West Thenard
Author: daylight

Is it just me or would you not want to see an approach indication on a signal with a train in the same block?

Where is this strange occurrence?

Is this a new UP signaling system, yellow indicates a yellow locomotive in the block.

-daylight

(could this be photoshop magic)

Date: 10/17/06 22:18

>
> Where is this strange occurrence?
>

The yellow board is a constantly lit distant yellow signal on the approach to West Thenard from the north. It is always yellow, and always lit, no matter what is in the block. There are three of them at West Thenard: On the BNSF approach from Watson Yard, on the UP approach from the north (Dominguez) and on the UP approach from the south (Thenard Wye). I've also seen them on the BNSF Harbor Sub approaches to the UP diamond at Slauson Junction, where they also have a permanent 45 degree "semaphore" board nailed to a wood post.

The only "photoshop magic" in that image was a bit of a boost to the color saturation and some sharpening.

The green signal at King City is a whole 'nother thing - color photo turned into black and white and then green added to the signal, hence my comment about it being perhaps a bit "weird".

- Kit

Date: 10/17/06 22:31
Author: sploopconductor

That is a distant signal, it is, and can display only a yellow. It was just usually a bulb with a yellow lens. They don't change color, even when a train is straddling them, they can't. The "D" stands for 'distant', and they are used on approach to an Interlocking plant. The next signal, at the RR Xing will display a red (stop) or green (proceed), as the actual circuit at the xing will show occupied or not.

Take Care, Stay Safe, Have Fun!

Larry

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0389 seconds