Home Open Account Help 312 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Dakota & Iowa one cool shortline

Date: 10/28/06 15:51
Dakota & Iowa one cool shortline
Author: stlrailfan

Hello List,
I thought I would share a few images I took of a very productive morning spent on the Dakota & Iowa last tuesday with my brother and our good buddy who lives in Omaha. We drove 100 + miles from Omaha, Ne early tuesday with the intent of some D&I action and we were rewarded with 2 moves. Buisness is booming on the D & I and they are adding more power including a GP40-2 a GP50 with 2 more GP50's rumored to be on the way, dont worry I believe the Geeps are going to stay around awhile longer too. The first three images were taken in the area around Chatsworth and Akron Iowa which is about 30-35 miles north of Sioux City , Iowa. look for three more images in the next thread.
Mark

Date: 10/28/06 16:00
Re: Dakota & Iowa one cool shortline # 2
Author: stlrailfan

Hello List,

Below is the final three images of this post the first one shows the Sioux City- Dell Rapids SD freight northbound at MP 14 near Akron, Iowa power is a GP9/GP50/SD39 can any other shortline in the USA fieled this kind of lashup ??? Image # 2 is a roster shot of D&I GP50 # 2512 ( ex CNW ) aquired in september 2006. Image # 3 is a roster shot of D&I SD39 # 4028 ( ex SP, ex Andesite rock )which until september wore DRGW paint for movie work in the early 1990's. I hope you enjoy these images.
Mark

Date: 10/28/06 17:13
Author: CNW6500

Now I'm homesick, thanks for the shots of home.

Date: 10/28/06 18:22
Author: winstonhill

Nice to see old locos in spiffy new paint--guess they're too far out in the sticks for the taggers to find.

Winston Hill

Date: 10/28/06 18:58
Author: bnsfjth

winstonhill Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> guess they're too far out in the sticks for
> the taggers to find.

We currently have a shortage of taggers in the rural midwest.

-Justin

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0794 seconds