Home Open Account Help 303 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > GEVO's vs ACe, -2s. Hoggers,

Date: 02/23/07 16:49
GEVO's vs ACe, -2s. Hoggers,
Author: MrOGDEN

These units have been in service now for a year or two, Both qe's and EMDIs AC/DC units, How has been the reliability with these new units? How are they holding up?

MrOGDEN

Date: 02/24/07 11:09
Re: GEVO's vs ACe, -2s. Hoggers,
Author: frnocom

I don't know about the ACe or M-2's, but I know the ES44 is the best product GE has ever made. They still for the most part feel new. Almost all units have had the software updated in the last few months and the IFD screens have a slightly different appearance now. No clue why they would change small details on the screens. I have seen a software defect and more than a couple ES44's though.....the speedo was so far off on these few locos that I am surprised there weren't a few traction motors turned into birds nests out there. When the speedo read 20, you were actually doing 26...read 30 - you were doing 39.....54 - you were doing 70. So if one were to get the speedo to read 70 on the head defective speedo, the train would actually be doing just above 90mph. Whatever the speedo read, you multiplied it by 1.3 to get your actual speed. I was told it was a software issue and not a badly calibrated speedo as all these BO units were off by the same margin.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0313 seconds