Home Open Account Help 220 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Cajon construction report

Date: 08/08/07 00:35
Cajon construction report
Author: TopcoatSmith

Hey Mac, I have an assignment for you from the RR people. Saw the ranger on the forest service road, had no pass, he waved and we went on. Got a couple sexy peterbiults for Con, will post later.
Three and a half years huh? no.
Better to ask BNSF San Bernardino than bnsf cabron - they say ONE, with trains on the third track over summit in October (Silverwood switch already layed out), summit cut finnished in two and a half weeks.
Didn't make it to the tunnels because 1. I got lost, there are more roads all over up there then when I was last there, 2. Whoever was on Hill 582 knows what happened next.
The foreman for Tri-County was cool, a pleathora of info (not supposition).

Missed a special move up the south track behind 1 GEVO (7500 class) with two empty centerbeams bracketing a depressed center flat (TTX four-truck) with a large tarped item, looked like a diesel engine/generator combo. Tow driver Rob thought it looked like a big white pig.
Also missed a few NS's, a CN, the Oakways pictured elsewhere.
Got a little business, and some for Mac too (a camera is a good thing to have sometimes, oughta be enough to score you some BNSF swag at least)

TCS - stuck mojo

Date: 08/08/07 04:06
Re: Cajon construction report
Author: zchcsse

I'm happy to see all of these posts and pics about the Cajon Sub construction. Keep 'em coming!!

But keep in mind, as hardcore as they're going near the Summit (and also around Keenbrook) there is a VAST area in between which has barely been touched or not at all. At least as of about 2 weeks ago when I took a trip through there. There are some pretty complicated areas they haven't even scratched yet.

So while I won't put anything past a determined railroad, I'd be surprised if it's done in a year. (...and I hope I eat crow on that!)

ToM

Date: 08/08/07 05:14
Author: massivehorsepower

I saw something like that in old town San diego at 11:30 am. It had a white wrap on the engine to protect it from the weather. I thought it might had been the ship engine that fell off of the tractor trailer a week ago or so. Stated it weighed in at 200 tons.

Date: 08/08/07 09:25
Author: MacBeau

TopcoatSmith Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hey Mac, I have an assignment for you from the RR
> people.

...and? What's this TCS, a tease line? Film at 11:00?
—Mac

Date: 08/08/07 11:17
Author: BNSFCajon

TCS - say what?

Date: 08/08/07 13:10

MacBeau Wrote:
> ...and? What's this TCS, a tease line? Film at
> 11:00?
> —Mac

See your PM box.

TCS - foreman said 8 months but didn't think they'd make that deadline

Date: 08/08/07 14:15
Author: gp60m122

Alray to summit must be handed to BNSF ready for track laying by Sept 10th. Big red crane moving lower down this week. much other work in progress . Ames supervisor states contract is for nine months.
Andy G

Date: 08/08/07 22:17
Author: ProAmtrak

gp60m122 Wrote:
> Alray to summit must be handed to BNSF ready for
> track laying by Sept 10th. Big red crane moving
> lower down this week. much other work in progress
> . Ames supervisor states contract is for nine
> months.
> Andy G

From the pics on this board, 8-9 months seems like a possibility since they're workin' like crazy out there!

Date: 08/08/07 22:43

9 hours a day.

TCS - 6am start time, ouch.

Date: 08/09/07 07:08
Author: chtrains

The spring newsletter on the Ames site also states the contract completion is nine months

The contract is for earth moving, cuverts, bridges,etc. i.e. civil works.

Then you have all the rail stuff.

Date: 08/09/07 17:55
Author: upkpfan

What is the contractors name that is doing this? Having a CAT fit, need more CAT pics. upkpfan

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0466 seconds