Home Open Account Help 219 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Stampede Pass Still Alive Today

Date: 06/02/02 13:36
Stampede Pass Still Alive Today
Author: johnwvan

An empty grain train left Auburn about noon today with a warrant to Easton.

On the 31st it was reported that crews were still scheduled through tomorrow:

http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?f=1&i=147775&t=147775

Does anyone have any later info?

Thanks,
John

Date: 06/02/02 15:09
Re: Stampede Pass Still Alive Today
Author: auburnyard

I hear that they not going to close it down. It was just an idea, to pull MOW off the hill to help with the RTA in the Vally for 90 days. If THEY do close it down its only for 90 days. Stay tuned!

Mad Dog

Date: 06/02/02 15:16
Author: tcnr

Let's vote to keep it open, I haven't had my campout at the trestle yet. That noon time empty grain train seems to be very regular. I caught it quite a few times when I was up there a couple of years ago. Thanks for the updates.

Date: 06/02/02 18:16
Re: 3 Train Day on Stampede
Author: BrianA

Just got back from the eastern side of Stampede where I caught the H-PASBRV at Pomona at 9:22am and chased it west thru the Yakima Canyon. Then back east to Prosser, WA (west of Pasco) where the westbound M-PASINB showed up at noon. Chased him to Ellensburg where it tied up till the new crew called for 5pm was to take it west. Headed home caught the eastbound grain empties at Bristol and chased it back to Ellensburg. Enjoyed my day!

Date: 06/02/02 18:32
PASBRV through Auburn
Author: johnwvan

at 4:45 PM.

John

Date: 06/02/02 23:43
Author: markgillings

There is a labor element tied to this whole thing. When BNSF bought out Washington Central, the WCRC employees got job protection. That protection has not yet run out, so BNSF cannot simply pull them off and stick them in Seattle or Auburn.

Date: 06/03/02 11:05
Author: larr

tcnr wrote:

> Let\\'s vote to keep it open, I haven\\'t had my campout at the
> trestle yet.

Watch out for the bears, there has been many sightings of them lately.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0298 seconds