Home Open Account Help 234 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > BNSF Track Geometry Train

Date: 01/19/08 05:08
BNSF Track Geometry Train
Author: n5dhg

Friday afternoon a BNSF Track Geometry train, consisting of BNSF 2507, BNSF 86, and BNSF 85, followed Amtrak 22 into Fort Worth, Texas. The train was supposed to take the old BN route to North Yard to tie up; however, something happened at Tower 55 and the train took the Santa Fe side. They came all the way to Saginaw and then backed through the Santa Fe-BN connecting track, north of the Saginaw Interlocker, and went all the way to North Yard. They tied up on Cab Track behind the yard office. The two shots of the train are at MP 354.2 on the Fort Worth Sub.

Date: 01/19/08 06:42
Re: BNSF Track Geometry Train
Author: Woodman

I am sure this has been discussed before, but either I missed it or it was before I started with TO. What is the history of this car? What train was it orginally on? How long has it been the Geometry?

Date: 01/19/08 07:50
Author: jmw

The equipment hasn't changed too much in the last 15 years.

1. Williams Junction, AZ August 1993.

JMW
http://www.waidephoto.com

Date: 01/19/08 20:20
Author: okieinexile

Saw this train passing through Kingston, OK about two weeks ago. Shame my camera wasn't in the car.

Mark
W5MLR
Lebanon, OK

Date: 01/19/08 21:57
Author: MojaveBill

Last Wednesday a BNSF geometry train went east out of Mojave in the early afternoon - a locomotive, power car, and one of those theater cars converted from a gallery car - wasn't in position to photograph...

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0353 seconds