Home Open Account Help 316 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > ".....To Protect Them From The Trains." (His Children)

Date: 01/29/08 09:00
".....To Protect Them From The Trains." (His Children)
Author: nspctrjn

Date: 01/29/08 09:05
Re: ".....To Protect Them From The Trains." (His Child
Author: brianbergtold

That was pretty even handed in my opinion. It's rare to see a quoted parent actually taking responsibility for their child's safety. Usually it's along the lines of 'my kid plays by those tracks, they should slow down those trains!'

Date: 01/29/08 10:23

It sounds like there is no/poor fencing in his back yard?Are we to assume that he lives even close to the tracks? Are we to assume he even used the words "to protect them from the trains" or was he talking about protecting them in general because he had no fencing'poor fencing? Did the reporter add to what he said to "balance" the story?

Date: 01/29/08 12:46
Author: RobJ

Well trains are attractive to young kids. Not sure what the beef is. If he let the kids roam
and they got hit, would that be better? As fas as a fence, by about 5-6 most kids can find a way over, under, around or through most fences. You have to keep track of young children and then at a certain age hope they are "smart" enough to stay safe.

Bob

Date: 01/29/08 13:00
Author: TopcoatSmith

brianbergtold Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That was pretty even handed in my opinion. It's rare to see a quoted parent actually taking
> responsibility for their child's safety.

I agree, I see no problem with that man's statement. He didn't blame the trains nor call them evil. The only beef is the original post trying to make something out of nothing.

TCS - the boy who cried woof

Date: 01/29/08 13:26
Author: Yarddogh

When I was 5 years old, I climbed over our back yard fence, and was trundlin'
up the middle of the railroad tracks leading to a coal mine where my Dad worked.
I was spotted passing the company store by my Uncle Steve . . who drove me the
half mile back home in his jeep. This was back in a WVa holler . . Glogora Coal Co.
Gotta develop those skills early in life . . : >) ! 'Dogh

Date: 01/29/08 14:07

Lets try it another way. If he is going to keep the children indoors to protect them from the trains -implies he has no/poor fencing -what about cars, dogs or strangers? There are no quotes -again maybe the reporter left part of his statement out. Again I got the impression that trains were the only thing for the father to worry about outside!

Date: 01/29/08 21:24
Author: TopcoatSmith

Much ado about nothing.

TCS - .

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.042 seconds