Home Open Account Help 248 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > UP needs help & some KISS!

Date: 03/10/08 17:20
UP needs help & some KISS!
Author: SoCalRailFan

The last two days I've done quick trips to the Cajon Pass just to see what's going on, not really in a picture taking mood. Yesterday I saw an westbound auto-train with two BNSF engines on the point and two UP engines behind it stopped at Keenbrook. OK I thought, that's kind of weird, but then I realized as it pulled into San Berdo and saw the conductor sitting in the UP engine that obviously it was the Cajon Helpers pulling it into San Berdo and sure enough two UP SD70ACe's were waiting at the depot for the train.

Then at Cajon Station today I see an eastbound BNSF train blasting up main #3 as the two lead engines pass me all of a sudden there's three UP engine and once again the engineer is in the lead UP engines cab. Once again the Cajon Helpers pull a train, this time up the pass.

Is UP underpowering or under braking some trains or was this just a coincedence two days in a row?

Then as this train passes I finally catch the hopper painted in the "KISS Metal Rockers" paint scheme.

Dave Toussaint
Riverside, CA
SoCalRailFan.com

Date: 03/10/08 17:29
Re: UP needs help & some KISS!
Author: glennzky

Iiiii wanna rock and roll all night and railfan every day.

Date: 03/10/08 17:30
Author: NscaleMike

Now that is artwork!

Certainly took someone a few hours to create that.

Date: 03/10/08 17:49
Author: kodachrome9319

glennzky Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Iiiii wanna rock and roll all night and railfan
> every day.

Amen there Glenn!

Date: 03/10/08 17:54
Author: Cjcheely

Hello

There a ac/dc car roaming the rails also for those who like railroad a little black on black :)

Chris

Date: 03/10/08 18:21
Author: MacBeau

Dave:
The BNSF is obligated to supply the help if the DS sends them up the 3%, and for reasons that are not exactly clear to me at this moment, the DS is running as many up the 3% as he can, at least that's what I saw on Saturday.
—Mac

Date: 03/10/08 18:25
Author: SoCalRailFan

Same thing today, but like I said that other one was westbound at Keenbrook. I can't ever remember seeing helpers on the front of a UP train, ok maybe once or twice, but rare indeed. And today on main #1? today was the Georgetown Ballast train.

MacBeau Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Dave:
> The BNSF is obligated to supply the help if the DS
> sends them up the 3%, and for reasons that are not
> exactly clear to me at this moment, the DS is
> running as many up the 3% as he can, at least
> that's what I saw on Saturday.
> —Mac

Dave Toussaint
Riverside, CA
SoCalRailFan.com

Date: 03/10/08 18:28
Author: DevoreCorps

Is UP underpowering or under braking some trains or was this just a coincedence two days in a row?

Some people think this is UP's contribution to the Cajon Pass project. Lots of dying crews on those trackage rights, main 1 restricted trains too. Just some speculation I've heard...not a concrete fact.

Date: 03/10/08 18:51
Author: Qlives

That one tests my universal hate for graffitti on cars. AND there's an AC/DC car out there?

Date: 03/10/08 19:37
Author: Yarddogh

KISS ?? . . 'Dogh ( KPIG listener . . : >)

Date: 03/10/08 20:36
Beth, what can I do?
Author: Diddle_E._Squat

What's with all the twisted intestines found in so much of the graffiti now? Though somewhat fitting, since both intestines and graffiti 'artists' are full of the same thing...

Date: 03/10/08 21:31
Re: Beth, what can I do?
Author: AdamPhillips

I heard that if you roll the train backwards, it will spell something. ;)

Date: 03/11/08 04:52
Author: hammer

Hello,
Sorry but, not black on black......but back in black!
TheHammer
Mark

Date: 03/11/08 18:06
Author: TopcoatSmith

Kiss ... metal ????

TCS - yT06bl

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0627 seconds