Home Open Account Help 246 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > P&W Westsider today

Date: 03/12/08 14:54
P&W Westsider today
Author: roustabout

I left home with the goal of Salem and lunch with the old man (Dad). Heading into Albany, the radio crackled to life with the Westsider crew calling that they'd gotten authority to cross the UP and asking for help with their triple out of the yard. After taking the obligatory shot at the gold course - and chatting with one of P&W's track guys (who was going to work out on the bridge after the 'sider passed), I chased it until I had to break off.

#1 is at the west end of Ashahr. Westsider with the Alaska unit on the point (and that great light package!). The previous day's Toledo Hauler is tied down, not sure of the story but bet there is one!

#2 ... clutter filter, anyone? Nah, makes it all the more interesting even backlit, overcast, etc.

#3 A landowner at the top of Lewisburg hill has placed his own station sign. He stopped by and chatted with me as the train rolled by. I had my work radio along, so I gave the train a "Highball at Pasquinel," to the enjoyment of the gentleman.

On a side note, I took my old Minolta film camera along on previous day's adventures and burned up several rolls of film. But I left it home today and didn't miss it much. Will be interesting to compare the results when I get the slides back!

Roustabout out

Date: 03/12/08 15:00
Re: P&W Westsider today
Author: fredkharrison

Gotta just admire that #3002. How are the PNWR folks taking to her?

Fred Harrison
Central Point, OR
CORPpower/JSS/EORS

Date: 03/12/08 15:11
Author: stlrailfan

Westsider,

Nice series thanks alot for sharing the images with us. Makes me want to go and do the P&W again where else in the country can you get a leased Alaska Geep and a running SDP40F on the same train!!! thaks again for sharing these with us.
Mark Mautner

Date: 03/12/08 16:20
Author: roustabout

fredkharrison Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Gotta just admire that #3002. How are the PNWR
> folks taking to her?

I hear that it's well liked by engineers. Extra windows for good visibility, very effective heaters and good seals around the doors...oh yeah, it pulls pretty well, too!

Date: 03/12/08 18:12
Author: F40PHR231

I like #2 as it is, it shows the overall scene and the adjacent 99W.

Still waiting for the day when 644's facing north again...

Date: 03/12/08 19:06
Author: brianedwardss

love #644, always an eye-catcher out there

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0371 seconds