Home Open Account Help 236 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > TTX Maxi III 40ft Stand Alone well car with new Logo

Date: 05/28/08 17:08
TTX Maxi III 40ft Stand Alone well car with new Logo
Author: AmericanLines

Anyone know where I can see pictures of TTX Maxi III 40ft Stand Alone Cars with the new Logo?
I have been trying to hunt them down while railfanning and to no avail.
I have also tried freightcarpix.com and rrpicturearchieves.

What are the reporting marks and number series for these cars?

Thanks

Date: 05/28/08 21:23
Re: TTX Maxi III 40ft Stand Alone well car with new Log
Author: neilgross

There are several pictures of TTX well cars with the new logo on railcarphotos.com.

I would provide direct links to the photos but that site is telling me I have to be a registered user to access the search function.

As I recall, that site had photos of both shortened Maxi-IIIs and shortened AP Husky Stacks with the new logo.

Date: 05/28/08 21:43
Re: TTX Maxi III 40ft Stand Alone well car with new Log
Author: tgcostello

Americanlines and all:

Attached are photos of a Gunderson, and a Thrall 40' stand alone rebuild. UP Dolores Yard, Long Beach CA, 4/11/08.

Best regards,
Tim Costello

Date: 05/29/08 08:29
TTX Maxi III 40ft Stand Alone well car with new logo
Author: SP_8299

Ask and ye shall receive...units B, C, and D of DTTX 743431, shot 04/06/08. All the ones I've seen are in the 743xxx-series. I've also posted these to railcarphotos, but the site is down for maintenance. Reporting marks are still DTTX (that likely won't change, since DTTX is their mark for stack cars). I've only photographed this one car so far, since it was my first with the new logo, but since these are starting to become common around here, I'm not in a huge rush to shoot any more. FWIW, shooting unmodified, 48' TTX Maxi-IIIs should take precedence, since those are rapidly becoming an endangered species.

PE

Date: 05/29/08 08:32
Re: TTX Maxi III 40ft Stand Alone well car with new log
Author: SP_8299

Units E and A, to finish off the car.

PE

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0386 seconds