Home Open Account Help 170 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > The "Brooklyn" at Cameron

Date: 10/13/10 17:30
The "Brooklyn" at Cameron
Author: Kx450F_180

Winter is my favorite season to shoot the eastern side of Tehachapi. The winter months often produce great light along with dramatic clouds, and sometimes even some snow between Tehachapi and Mojave. It falls just short of spring on my list of favorite seasons on the hill only because the green hills during March and April on the western side are so beautiful. Since the cold season on Tehachapi is only a few more weeks away I thought I would post a shot depicting some of the aspects I talked about earlier. The shot was taken at Cameron, CA (CP SP370.4 on UP's Mojave Sub), as the ZBRLC (Brooklyn, OR to Los Angeles, CA) rolls down the eastern slope of the Tehachapis toward Mojave.

Darren Megowan

Date: 10/13/10 17:35
Re: The "Brooklyn" at Cameron
Author: California_railfan

Sweet shot Darren! You should contribute here a more often, your work is top notch!

Ryan Dadgari
Fort Worth, TX
Dadgari Photography

Date: 10/13/10 18:05
Author: kodachrome9319

Stellar shot, Darren.

Date: 10/13/10 18:52
Author: NscaleMike

You really nailed it Darren!

Date: 10/13/10 23:49
Author: SPLoopConductor

Cameron... one of my most (and Steamjocky's) 'memorable' spots on the RR! That is a great shot! Wow!

Take Care, Stay Safe, Have Fun!

Larry

Date: 10/14/10 23:17
Author: Steamjocky

SPLoopConductor Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Cameron... one of my most (and Steamjocky's)
> 'memorable' spots on the RR! That is a great
> shot! Wow!
>
> Take Care, Stay Safe, Have Fun!
>
> Larry

I guess you could say that we were responsible for getting the new (at the time) signals put up at the crossover. Wouldn't you agree?

JDE

Date: 10/14/10 23:43
Author: SPLoopConductor

Yeah, I think we had a lot to do with the 'new' look of that spot... May 24, 2000 @ 125 pm.... but who remembers that?!

Take Care, Stay Safe, Have Fun!

Larry

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0316 seconds