Home Open Account Help 295 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > KCS Special In a Loop around KC Today

Date: 08/31/11 17:11
KCS Special In a Loop around KC Today
Author: Sneebly

First a very great thanks for UPTRAIN for word on the KCS Special to show big wigs and shippers the KC rail scene. Great day for a chase but oh brother was it hot, like 102°.

Here are some highlights.
1.Pointed west at KCUS taken from atop the parking garage.
2.Close up view of the
3.After we left the station we shot the Amtk 155 going to wye its train from St Louis. The KCS train being the revenue run left first.

Sneebly

Date: 08/31/11 17:18
Re: KCS Special In a Loop around KC Today
Author: JMorhaus

Hey nice shots, yea big thanks to UPTRAIN! It was nice meeting you and your crew. Im horrible with names but what's the guys name that was driving today?

Posted from iPhone

Date: 08/31/11 17:18

4. Coming around the curve at Santa Fe Jct, heading North on the KC
5. After going thru the North Kansas City maze the train went to the NS intermodal yard called Voltz. The train was wyed at Voltz and here we are at Birmingham where they switched to the DNE\UP trackage.
6, The train then crossed back over the Missouri River on the Truman bridge then we caught it just as it got back onto home rails at Airline Jct.

Sneebly

Date: 08/31/11 17:20

That was Kevin EuDaly owner of White River Productions.

Date: 08/31/11 17:23
Author: PALuvR

Very nice! Thought those "Retro Belles" looked good but these FP9's beat them all to hell.

Mike

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/31/11 17:25 by PALuvR.

Date: 08/31/11 17:30
Author: imrl

Great shots, Sneebly!

Date: 08/31/11 18:01
Author: sp8192

Hey Sneebly...I'm guessing while you were taking that first pic, I was taking your pic and you didn't even know it! Here's a couple that I shot today....

Date: 08/31/11 18:08

While on top of the parking garage I looked over to the Stuart Hall building and wondered where you might be.

Sneebly

Date: 08/31/11 18:13
Author: wag216

Thanks to all of you. Good stuff! wag216

Date: 08/31/11 20:50
Author: JoCoLB

Thank goodness for nice, clear weather despite the heat. Sure makes for great color in the photos.

Date: 08/31/11 23:13
Author: UPTRAIN

I managed to get back from Topeka in time to catch her as well.

1.) Pulling south at Birmingham Jct. 8-31-11 - Birmingham, MO

2.) Coming past Airline Jct., calling out the signal for Southwest Jct. 8-3-11 - Kansas City, MO

3.) All I could get at Union Station since the train pretty much smoked me, that and I didn't exactly hurry, which I suppose I should have. Oh well, I'll get her in the morning on the way to work.

Pump

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0639 seconds