Home Open Account Help 219 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > BNSF Logistics Center & other Fontana questions

Date: 10/01/11 13:18
BNSF Logistics Center & other Fontana questions
Author: erielackawanna

Drove by the BNSF Logistics Center and was surprised to see no locomotives there. The long line of BN SD40-2s is gone. I couldn't see the two Coast Rail units either. It's possible they were way up, away from where they could be seen from the street, but they usually keep them down by the gate, so I am wondering are they still there?

Also, drove by the former Heiskel (sp?) elevator on Slover, east of Etiwanda and the GE center cab that had been visible from the street for years was gone. I didn't see the Arizona and California GP30 either (but the latter is usually hidden by the elevator). Still, thought I'd ask, anyone know what became of them or are they both still there?

Lastly, anyone know when the GM switcher at the BNSF B Yard in San Bernardino works? They've got two interesting looking units (one of which I think may be one of those missing BN SD40-2s).

Date: 10/01/11 13:45
Re: BNSF Logistics Center & other Fontana questions
Author: miralomarail

I know the Engineer who runs those units lettered for Coast Rail, they are quite busy, as for that GE 80 T , I read it was donated to the Orange Empire RR Museum

Date: 10/01/11 18:34

Good to know thanks.

Date: 10/02/11 02:27
Author: MrMRL

erielackawanna Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ...
>
> Lastly, anyone know when the GM switcher at the
> BNSF B Yard in San Bernardino works? They've got
> two interesting looking units (one of which I
> think may be one of those missing BN SD40-2s).
>

I don't know when they're on duty (I could probably look it up in a System General Notice...). But, I could have sworn I've seen a pair of former BNSF SD40-2s working the GM facility, one BN Green, one H1.

Mr. MRL

Date: 10/02/11 07:45

MrMRL Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> I don't know when they're on duty (I could
> probably look it up in a System General
> Notice...). But, I could have sworn I've seen a
> pair of former BNSF SD40-2s working the GM
> facility, one BN Green, one H1.
>
> Mr. MRL

What I saw (from the street) looked like a BN SD40-2 and a GEEP of some kind, maybe maroon and gray?

Date: 10/02/11 17:37
Author: markgillings

For the most part, those long-stored SD40-2s went to Progress Rail and Larry's Truck Electric. A few have even made it to Brazil.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0439 seconds