Home Open Account Help 335 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Where is it?

Date: 11/11/12 10:14
Where is it?
Author: inCHI

Where is, and how many trains per day on this nicely groomed track?

Date: 11/11/12 19:42
Re: Where is it?
Author: ironmtn

Looks like the southeast leg of the wye at West Quincy, Missouri. Ex-CB&Q trackage at the west end of the Mississippi River bridge to Quincy, Illinois. If so, can only guess the number of daily trains, as it's a location I only infrequently visit, and then only briefly. Guess: 25 trains per day, mostly for the Brookfield Sub to Kansas City, which diverges further to the south.

MC
Columbia, Missouri

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/11/12 19:44 by ironmtn.

Date: 11/11/12 20:15

Try one state over and about 24 less trains per day. This is a slow starter, so I'll at least reveal that the catch is this is a very low-traffic line. It is also nearly the end of the line.

Date: 11/13/12 19:08
Author: kevink

Took me awhile to figure out. This is on the CN's EJE line to Waukegean looking north at 22nd Street/Martin Luther King Jr Drive in North Chicago, IL.

Date: 11/16/12 21:22

Correct! I was surprised at how good the track looks, considering it only gets a train with a few cars a few times a week. But I guess at one point coal may have moved on it.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0296 seconds