Home Open Account Help 300 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Signal Sunday: Night Time at Tyler Street

Date: 11/18/12 19:00
Signal Sunday: Night Time at Tyler Street
Author: nwkrailfan

This weekend I found myself in "Civilized" Kansas to cheer on my Jayhawks, as they advanced to 1-9 on their football season with a loss to the Iowa State Cyclones, by a score of 51-23. After the butt kicking, I found myself in Topeka with a tripod and a camera...funny how that works. My main goal of the night was to capture Amtrak #3 making its station stop on the Santa Fe side of the river but, first I found myself working along the UP on the north side of the Kansas River. While crossing the Tyler Street crossing, just west of the S.J. Junction switch, a eastbound coal train captured my attention. Shortly, after setting up the tripod and camera, his signal flicked to green and he carried on his journey. I was able to capture the following photos of his eastward journey towards Kansas City.

1) A Union Pacific, PRB, loaded coal train sets off the crossing gates at Tyler St. in North Topeka, KS.
2) The string of bethgon coal hoppers streak through the crossing and continue their journey east.

Thanks for looking!
Luke Lohrmeyer
nwkrailfan

Date: 11/18/12 19:29
Re: Signal Sunday: Night Time at Tyler Street
Author: defect_detector

Lookin great flatlanda!

Date: 11/18/12 19:30
Re: Signal Sunday: Night Time at Tyler Street
Author: nwkrailfan

Thanks Marshall!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0234 seconds