Home Open Account Help 169 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Railfan & Railroad and RR Illustrated DINA

Date: 11/23/12 16:46
Railfan & Railroad and RR Illustrated DINA
Author: SilvertonRR100

Anyone seen their November issue of Railfan & Railraod. It's been 22 days since Steve posted the Sandy news. This issue normally would have been out 52 days ago!

What issue of RRI will have the DINA results, or has anyone seen the issue yet?

Rob

Date: 11/23/12 17:02
Re: Railfan & Railroad and RR Illustrated DINA
Author: texchief1

Haven't seen mine yet.

Randy Lundgren
Elgin, TX

Date: 11/23/12 17:07
Author: MaximumRails

SilvertonRR100 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Anyone seen their November issue of Railfan &
> Railraod. It's been 22 days since Steve posted
> the Sandy news. This issue normally would have
> been out 52 days ago!
>
> What issue of RRI will have the DINA results, or
> has anyone seen the issue yet?
>
> Rob

Haven't gotten anything yet. I re-subscribed back in June, nothing since then.

Date: 11/23/12 17:31
Author: JimBaker

My last issue of Railfan & Railroad was the October one.

Perhaps they had some trouble at Newton, New Jersey.

--Jim Baker

Date: 11/23/12 17:37
Author: SilvertonRR100

JimBaker Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> My last issue of Railfan & Railroad was the
> October one.
>
> Perhaps they had some trouble at Newton, New
> Jersey.
>
> --Jim Baker

Partly, Sandy. But they were way late before taht happened! November issue used to come out about the first of October, just like Trains and Model Railroader. Since Harold C passed on, they seem to be getting later, and later, and later!

Their website says the issue is at the printer now and will be mailed soon. Seems like Extra 2200 South back in the Dover Days.

Rob

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/23/12 17:55 by SilvertonRR100.

Date: 11/23/12 20:06
Author: LFM159

Phoned them last week. Said the november issue was at the printer. No word on the december issue which is due now.

Date: 11/23/12 20:36
Author: sbarry

There's something about late trains get later...

We were down for a week due to Sandy, and approvals (no paper proofs -- all proofing is done online) couldn't be done until we got the power back up and the computers running again. Because of the lack of approvals, RMC missed its print slot and had to be rescheduled. We're a small fish in a big pond where Time and Sports Illustrated control the schedules and we work around them, and there's the added competition for press time with holiday catalogs this time of year. We had to get RMC reslotted and out the door first. While RMC was printing, we took the opportunity to revamp the news section in R&R (no sense in printing old news) and it now has Sandy coverage. Once the printing plant gets back from an extended Thanksgiving shutdown, R&R hits the press.

It's not a situation I'm crazy about either, believe me. Once we get rolling again, we'll be bringing out issues about four weeks apart and let calendar creep (slowly) get us back into some semblance of on time, although that will take awhile. Meanwhile, we'll be posting updates on the website, with anticipated delivery dates, as each of the next several issues go through their production cycles.

Sorry about the delay.

Steve Barry
Railfan & Railroad

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.046 seconds