Home Open Account Help 311 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Finally, a bit of Sun!

Date: 11/25/12 20:43
Finally, a bit of Sun!
Author: funnelfan

After days and weeks of rain and clouds, the blanket was finally rolled back late this afternoon to shed a little light here on the east end of the Columbia Basin. But even at 2pm the sun was falling fast and there was little time to waste. I had a trio of westbounds coming out of Spokane to work with, but the low winter sun casts long shadows, and I decided to get out of the trees at Fishtrap on BNSF's Lakeside Sub. First train up was the M-LAUPAS, which went into the hole for two eastbounds, the first being the V-PTLBLU followed by a manifest that I didn't catch a symbol on. The following H-KCKPAS went into Babb for the same two eastbounds. There was also a southbound UP train that I never did get to see.
I had plenty of trains to work with, but as we close in on the winter solstice, the days get very short. By 4pm the sun had slipped behind the hills and I was left to get a shot of the M-LAUPAS streaking along the shores of Sprague Lake in the failing light.

Ted Curphey
Ontario, OR

Date: 11/26/12 05:20
Re: Finally, a bit of Sun!
Author: Cole42

#3 is different - I like it!

Date: 11/26/12 07:29
Author: NWRailfan

Ted, I took that LAUPAS to Helena from Laurel Saturday morning. The train was built and held west of Laurel for power for awhile

Date: 11/26/12 16:45
Author: ns1000

NICE pics!!!!!

Date: 11/29/12 15:17
Author: bobdavis

SUPER glint shot there, Ted!

Bob

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0268 seconds