Home Open Account Help 391 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Late November in Paradise

Date: 12/01/12 09:54
Late November in Paradise
Author: BrianA

As I had taken very few trips to the MRL in November I decided to head on over the weekend after Thanksgiving. The forecast was for snow but it didn't happen. Sunday was just overcast with some sun breaks but Monday was nice, though a bit cold. Monday also had the MRL running the Gas and Paradise locals which is what I really wanted to photograph. Here are some of the Monday morning photos taken at Paradise, MT 11-26-12.

1) BNSF 4918 West on grain loads pass the MRL's Paradise Local at the west end of Paradise at 8:48 AM.
2) The Gas Local behind MRL 346/4312 is bringing the Paradise Locals crew from the depot down to the locals power at 09:01 AM.
3) Switching complete the Paradise Local comes out of the yard, enters the siding eastward and then onto the ex-NP main line to head for St Regis at 10:18 AM. Fittingly the 113 is an ex-NP GP9. The track to the right is the 10th Sub and heads to Evaro Hill. The track onto the 10th here has been straightened out so trains headed for Evaro don't have to slow down quite as much now leaving Paradise.

I believe it was 10 MPH before, anyone know what is it now? Thinking 25 or 30.

Brian Ambrose
Renton, WA

Date: 12/01/12 10:23
Re: Late November in Paradise
Author: GRNDMND

That first image is really nice Brian!

KC

Date: 12/01/12 10:32
Author: qman

A day (or 2) in Paradise !!! Beautiful stuff Brian !!

qman

Date: 12/01/12 15:29
Author: tgcostello

Nice work Brian, thanks.

Tim Costello

Date: 12/01/12 17:55
Author: SD45X

Awesome.

Posted from Android

Date: 12/01/12 22:09
Author: funnelfan

Sweet Shot Brian. Let me know if your in the Spokane area and want to catch something on the former NP CW line.

Ted Curphey
Ontario, OR

Date: 12/01/12 22:23
Author: BrianA

funnelfan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Sweet Shot Brian. Let me know if your in the
> Spokane area and want to catch something on the
> former NP CW line.

Thanks Ted. Last time I photographed anything on the CW there were still BN F-units working it! I'll plan to head out your way sometime next year and we'll make a go of seeing what's left of the NP out that way!

Brian

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0339 seconds