Home Open Account Help 348 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Warbonnet for Toto

Date: 12/04/12 18:59
Warbonnet for Toto
Author: Milw_E70

Thanks to a timely headsup from "bnsfsd70" who alerted me of a reroute on the Topeka Sub with a warbonnet GE, UP EMD, and orange GE leading a westbound manifest, and having nothing else to do this afternoon, I drove out to the junction between the Emporia Sub and Topeka Sub on the east side of town to catch it. Since it was in the mid 60s today (meteorological winter started December 1st BTW) I decided to stick around for awhile afterwards and try some other locations in town that I haven't shot in awhile.

1. H KCKGAT1 04A getting ready to enter the Emporia Sub at NR Jct.
2. Hot Z WSPSTO9 04L rolling through downtown Emporia, KS.
3. A westbound empty ballast train for Oklahoma City heads west under the new signal bridge at NR Jct.

Thanks for looking!

Date: 12/04/12 19:02
Re: Warbonnet for Toto
Author: nikon1

I thought they removed the eastbound switch at NR Junction.
Charlie
MP 53 on the BNSF Topeka Sub

Date: 12/04/12 19:07
Author: Milw_E70

The old east leg of the wye still exists but doesn't connect to the Emporia Sub anymore. Usually MOW stores machines on it.

Date: 12/04/12 21:11
Author: bnsfsd70

Nice shots, and I'm glad you were able to catch that guy. I really need to start veering south on the Topeka Sub and get some more shots down that way, ESPECIALLY coming off the line there at NR.

Below is my shot of the train crossing 29th St. in Topeka.

- Jeff

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0604 seconds