Home Open Account Help 262 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > couple Joint Line the day after . . .

Date: 12/10/12 09:41
couple Joint Line the day after . . .
Author: 3rdswitch

. . after only the second snow of the season we got nearly a half foot up here at Palmer Lake, CO, located along the joint UP-BNSF Denver to Pueblo, CO Joint Line main yesterday and the previous night. I figured it would be sunny today and since it was eleven outside last night and seventeen this morning that the snow would be about the same as yesterday but with sunny skies. I was right but when I got up around 0700 hrs the ATCS showed nothing happening but after about an hour a southbound showed up so I headed down to the nice curve in a cut just north of Monument only to find straight on sun at this time of year so headed around the curve and settled for a ground shot (top) afterwards saw he was meeting a northbound at Monument so headed for Greenland, the only spot in the morning that has any kind of decent light at all for northbounds. Even though it had a fire damaged leader, after waiting an exceptionally long time on the side of the hill with wind and twenty degree temps here it is (bottom) approaching Greenland, CO. Another fine but cold day in the neighborhood.
JB

Date: 12/10/12 09:56
Re: couple Joint Line the day after . . .
Author: Diamond_D

Beautiful shots! Funny how different the weather is just a few miles down the road... nothing on the ground here in Denver and we only saw the sun for a few minutes early this morning.

Date: 12/10/12 11:13
Author: jmbreitigan

Well done especially photo#2.
John

Date: 12/10/12 12:27
Author: SP8595

Very Nice JB, was good to finally get some snow!

Date: 12/10/12 16:48
Author: rrartist

Very nice series! Glad to see you had the sun!

Date: 12/10/12 16:49
Author: djy23

Great shots!

Date: 12/10/12 17:38
Author: tehachcond

Great shots as always, Joe. Had to call the rotary to clear my driveway and sidewalk for the first time this season here in Castle Rock after that storm.

Brian Black
Retired SP/UP Conductor

Date: 12/11/12 06:45
Author: 3rdswitch

Hope I don't regret not doing anything to my driveway! Why do we park in a driveway and drive in a parkway ;-) ?

Date: 12/11/12 15:15
Author: ns1000

NIIICE pics!!!!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0416 seconds