Home Open Account Help 350 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > A few Denver shots from Sunday

Date: 01/28/13 08:07
A few Denver shots from Sunday
Author: ns2557

Spent Saturday afternoon and Sunday at my daughters for a Birthday Party for my granddaughter. Before all the festivities started on Sunday, decided to get out and check out the Denver area again as I really haven't had an opportunity to really explore lately. Got a few trains here and there, so I thought I'd post a few of em.

Shot 1 has an early morning Coal Load just basically getting it going. Train is coming out of the south end of what's know as "Hogans Alley" which is to the right and behind the train. This is at MP 3 along I25, which is seen to the left in the shot. By the time the rear came by, they were making some good time.

Shot 2 Todays version of the Lincoln-Denver has ES44DC 7530 w/7255 coming thru the refinery area east and north of Denver. The station sign says Riverside, but ain't no river nearby that I can see.

Shot 3. Now this is an elusive unit to catch, at least for me it has been. The Xcell Energy Cherokee Plant, located on the Belt thru these parts has an in plnat switcher. Tho I have seen it a few times over the years I have not been able to get anykind of shot of it. But today, I did. So, here is Public Service SW1001 15-1 attached to a cut of cars being shoved thru the dumper here at Cherokee Plant.

Thanks for looking. Ben

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/28/13 08:08 by ns2557.

Date: 01/28/13 11:16
Re: A few Denver shots from Sunday
Author: SP8595

I like that second shot! Did you get that Gray DRIR Geep that you were looking for?

Date: 01/28/13 11:22

Naw I didn't. Looked everywhere I could think of even the terminal by the Stock Show to no avail. Spent some time in the Commerce City area looking also. No luck. Perhaps next time tho. But did manage the SW1200 at the Elevators there off of US85/Colo 2 and of course the Pub Servive unit, so not a bad day. Also saw what appeared to be a BN SW type switcher in one of the scarp yards in thta same area. Not sure what that was. Ben

Date: 01/28/13 11:28
Author: mojaveflyer

"Riverside" is "Riverside Cemetery"... As the crews came in from the east they used to advise the 38th Street Yardmaster they were coming by 'Silent City'.

Date: 01/28/13 11:39

I do recall seeing a cemetary nearby. Thnaks for the clarification. Ben

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.2602 seconds