Home Open Account Help 346 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > few more wrong way . . .

Date: 03/06/13 18:12
few more wrong way . . .
Author: 3rdswitch

. . few more shots of the three trains that ran south this afternoon on the normal northbound only main #2 of the joint BNSF-UP Joint Line main between Denver and Pueblo. Thanks Tim for the heads up!
top: the first of the three coal loads that came up the normal northbound main #2 was pulling hard through Larkspur.
middle: the clouds rolled in as the 6070 was down on it's knees on the very hard climb into Greenland on the normal northbound #2 main.
bottom: approaching the exSanta Fe overpass at the SAG a couple of miles north of Palmer Lake.
few more to come . . . .

Date: 03/06/13 18:17
Re: few more wrong way . . .

. .
top: the third of what was originally going to be four but only three ran the "wrong way" was led by very new 9096 coming under the I-25 Fwy into Larkspur.
middle: once again pulling for all it's worth through Greenland, CO.
bottom: at last light the 9096 was approaching to exSanta Fe overpass at the SAG adjacent to Spruce siding.
another great day in the neighborhood and tomorrow it's off to Winterail '13 in Stockton, CA. Thanks again Tim!
JB

Date: 03/06/13 18:20
Author: ns2557

JB, One of these days I'm gonna get a sb there where you got em at the underpass of I25 at Larkspur. I want to try and get up on that hill to the northeast of the overpass and get some nb's also. Some really nice shots ya got there, esp of the 9096. Thanks for sharing. Ben

Date: 03/06/13 18:25
Author: skyview

Nice set of images... Opens up new and different angles, which is a good change of pace. Have to keep eye on ATCS for more lined "wrong" way.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/07/13 06:21 by skyview.

Date: 03/06/13 18:43
Author: TracyRail

3rdswitch, these aren't mere photographs ... these are picture postcards. Simply outstanding!

Date: 03/06/13 19:09
Author: SP8595

Fantastic day in the "neighborhood", Great pics. JB!

Date: 03/06/13 20:26
Author: DynamicBrake

Beautiful series there JB, especially the 4th & 5th shots, considering that I'm not a big fan of the "swoosh" scheme. Thanks for sharing.

Kent in Carmel Valley

Date: 03/06/13 20:28
Author: CimaScrambler

Fansastic stuff!

Kit Courter
Menefee, CA
LunarLight Photography

Date: 03/06/13 20:54
Author: PRose

Great shots, JB. I love the way you keep the scenery
prevelant as a backdrop in all of your shots.

Gonna get out there one of these days.

Bob Helling
PRose

Date: 03/06/13 21:09
Author: wesleygreer

Sweet shots Joe, I really love #5.

Date: 03/07/13 05:28
Author: wpjones

I love two and four. These are what I call "In your face" shots that really jump out at you. The couple of times I drove south of Denver I wished I had more time to just explore and take photo's but always on a mission.Maybe some day.
Steve Jones

Date: 03/07/13 05:29

thanks all.
JB

Date: 03/07/13 15:33
Author: ns1000

SUPER pics!!!!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0623 seconds