Home Open Account Help 289 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > UP 8767 South through Mount Shasta

Date: 04/06/13 18:05
UP 8767 South through Mount Shasta
Author: jr3316

Sometimes I feel a bit self conscious about how the train crew feels about seeing me with my camera and tripod trackside as they pass by. I wonder if they think that I am an annoyance or someone who should have better things to do. Most of the time they pass without any response and then once in while I get a friendly wave and it feels so good to be accepted and acknowledged. Special thanks to the Engineer on UP 8767……you made my day!

Mount Shasta is located in northern California about an hour south of the Oregon border.

Date: 04/06/13 18:10
Re: UP 8767 South through Mount Shasta
Author: Switchpoint

Nothing in the McCloud interchange yard ?

Date: 04/06/13 18:22
Author: jr3316

McCloud interchange yard is clear. Not sure of the current status of the #37, it was still in the dirt just east of town when I took this photo a week ago.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/06/13 19:06 by jr3316.

Date: 04/06/13 19:35
Author: Pickering104

Mt. Shasta interchange yard was full of Court's tank cars. Where did the Tankers go?

Date: 04/06/13 19:55
Author: Switchpoint

Hope they get the 37 out of there before the copper recyclers get to the old girl.

Date: 04/06/13 21:35
Author: mapboy

Pickering104 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Mt. Shasta interchange yard was full of Court's
> tank cars. Where did the Tankers go?

Two trainloads left Mt. Shasta on March 6, the UKFRV with a buffer and 73 LPG tank cars, and the 2UKFRV.

mapboy

Date: 04/07/13 11:07
Author: outpost

jr3316 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I wonder if they think that I am an annoyance or
> someone who should have better things to do. Most
> of the time they pass without any response

I sometimes have people come by my fire station and take a photo of my "average everyday" fire engine. I could have the same thoughts as you mention but remind myself of my interest in "average everyday" trains. So, I let them do their thing. I've even moved the engine to give them better light. No skin off my back.

Too many people "judge" others against their perception of right/wrong (or interesting/not interesting). Talk about wasted effort and having something better to do.

Thanks for the pics and the post.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0415 seconds