Home Open Account Help 228 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Powder River "oil" unit trains

Date: 05/21/13 07:18
Powder River "oil" unit trains
Author: Lackawanna484

Genesis Energy has announced plans to open a unit oil train loading facility near Douglas, WY. The facility will load from the Niobrara fields. The location will be served by BNSF and Union Pacific.

In related news, the company will also create a unit train facility in Mississippi to service Canadian National oil trains.

More:

http://seekingalpha.com/news-article/6606791-genesis-energy-l-p-announces-expansion-of-existing-gulf-coast-rail-facility-and-construction-of-a-new-unit-train-rail-facility-in-wyoming

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/21/13 09:01 by Lackawanna484.

Date: 05/21/13 09:28
Re: Powder River "oil" unit trains
Author: SOO6617

When I saw the title to this thread I thought you were going to mention the Meritage Midstream/Arch Coal Thunder Transload which is going to repurpose one of the old coal loading loops at the Black Thunder coal mine to be a unit Oil train loading loop. At one time Black Thunder was the largest coal mine in the US. A new loop was built further west as the active part of the mine has moved.

Date: 05/21/13 14:00
Re: Powder River "oil" unit trains
Author: GTWMISteve

So which trains will be higher priority?

Posted from Android

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0245 seconds